Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am now a Magnuson Products Dealer. I payed the sponsor fee and started this thread to see how many I need to order. They will be doing another SSR production run in about 30 days or so. I can also sell them for other vehicles. Pm or call me for the details (760)522-8669.

Member Orders

1) COWBOYVETTE (1) 2005 SSR 6 Speed w/Headers and Exhaust - Satin
2) RHShute (1) 2005 SSR Automatic - Satin
3) WildDesertWolf (1) 2005 SSR 6 Speed w/Headers and Exhaust - Satin
4) matjow (1) 2005 SSR Automatic w/Headers and Exhaust - Satin
5) Chief (1) 2005 SSR Automatic - Satin

·
Premium Member
3,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
The list prices are below, send me a private message for details to SSRfanatic members only. Please confirm your purchase in this thread and I will update with your user name on the list.

03-04 Satin $5,995.00
03-04 Polish $6,995.00

05-06 Satin $5,995.00
05-06 Polish $6,995.00

Shipping in the Continental US is approximately $120.00, if you live outside the Continental US please ask for a shipping quote.

·
Premium Member
3,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If you want to purchase a MagnaCharger for any other vehicles, please post what you want. SSR production run will be set at about 30 days from now. I will ask that you commit to your purchase in this thread. I will not take a deposit and you will only be billed right prior to shipment of your supercharger.

I will need to place the order soon so they know how many to produce for this run of SSR superchargers.

·
Premium Member
17,317 Posts
So tell us, or at least me, the non-informed, what does this supercharger claim to do. Do you have enough room in your engine compartment for this set up? What changes under the hood? What stays the same? I understand your power goes up, but how much does it effect the wear and tear on the vehicle itself. I wont even bother to ask about mileage. I think i got that part.

Didn't I hear that someone else has put a supercharger on their truck but still does not have it tuned right?

Yeah, thats right, I want to know it all. Thanks

·
Premium Member
3,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The power is great, it is in my signature. Mine is a 6 Speed and the tuning is complete for the stick. The automatic needs to be finished, CNCDude (his was used for the automatic tune) needs to take his back over to completely finish the automatic tune. My gas milage didnt even change, except I tend to put my foot in it a little more now. Everything fits under the hood like it was put in by the factory, very clean!

·
Registered
5 Posts
programmer

will we need a dyno to set up the SSR after it is installed or will the kit be complete bolt on. What is the expected horsepower and low end torque.

·
Premium Member
3,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Everything is a direct bolt on, for the 05-06 SSR you will send your computer to Magnuson Products and they will load everything in it for you. 03-04 will come with a programmer to load the computer.

This is a dyno sheet from my 2005 SSR 6 Speed and it was completely stock except the supercharger.

·
Registered
60 Posts
programe for the automatic

any idea when the programing will be finished for the automatic trans cars, mine is a 05 witha automatic. burt

·
Premium Member
3,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
The programming for the 05 automatic is almost finished. If I have a customer that is close to Ventura, California I can send you directly to them to have yours tuned.

Any taker for an install and tune by Magnuson Products????? PM me for my phone number so I can set it up.

·
Registered
501 Posts
super

hey 6 speed,

What is that finned aluminium electronic looking device sitting on top of the fuse box? IHAVN'T SEEN THAT ON ANYONE ELSES TRUCK.
iS IT A REV LIMITER? Is it a spark control?

·
Premium Member
3,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
53wanab - The finned box you are seeing is the MagnaVolt it steps up the power to the fuel pump as it reads boost. Here is a link to their site with information on the MagnaVolt:

http://www.magnusonproducts.com/

None of the tuners have been released for the 05-06 vehicles yet. It only take them a few to load the tune while your SSR is having the supercharger installed. Then just reinstall the computer and it is done.

·
Registered
192 Posts
fuel pump for supercharger kit

I think the original Magnuson SC kit for 03-04 SSR's included an inline fuel pump to assist the in tank one. Does the kit for the 05-06 also include this pump or does the magna volt replace the need for the additional pump? Is the magnavolt box included in the 05-06 kit?

Doug

·
Premium Member
3,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
RHShute will be getting his installed and tuned by Magnuson Products next week. This will finish the tuning for the 05-06 automatic SSR's.

All that you will need to do with the 05-06 is have the installer overnight the computer back and forth to Magnuson and they will load the tune in it for you.

·
Registered
380 Posts
I live in NJ are they available here and who could do the install
Bard
05 :ssr

1 - 20 of 53 Posts