Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I spoke with Magnuson Products today. The production of superchargers will be approx 50; the dyno of RWHP is 380 with the charger, expected to increase over 400 with headers & exhaust. Public release will be April 15.

Joel Biloxi, MS

·
Premium Member
3,494 Posts
SUPERCHARGER

I'm a dealer for magnaghargers. The first 13 are due out in about four weeks but are all sold. If anyone is interested in purchasing one contact me for a deal.

Ed

·
Premium Member
2,664 Posts
Price range?

I was wondering if you could give us a list price on these things. Just wondering what this type of thing costs. I think the power is the weak point of the SSR; it could use some juice.

·
Premium Member
3,494 Posts
MAGNACHARGER

The list price on the Magnacharger system is $6900.00. They are fairly expensive but they have EVERYTHING needed to install them and have very good directions and pictures to get the job done. I have one on my 2003 stepside and makes it a joy to drive everytime i drive it. I'm hopeing that it does the same for my ssr because it sure can use some help. The ssr is a great car but they left the power out. If anyone is interested in a Magnacharger i'll help you out on the price. I can be contacted my email at. [email protected]

·
Registered
34 Posts
QWKSSR- I'm not very knowledgeable in this area but I was impressed with the information on the Kenne Bell website. How does your product compare?

·
Premium Member
3,364 Posts
Im gonna wait for Whipple to come up with one. I have been in contact with them and although they have no immediate plans to build one, it is being considered. Promised to let me know as soon as they begin production. Everything Ive read seems like the Whipple Super Charger is the most reliable and most economical. Any body out there with a Whipple on any vehicle that can give some first hand knowledge on the system?

·
Registered
349 Posts
Magnacharger configuration

Does anyone know the configuration of the Magnacharger kit in the engine compartment? More specificially, the picture of the unit on the SoCal Speedshop SSR shows some sort of jack shaft arrangement so the air intake could remain on the front. This looks like trouble waiting to happen, with more belt(s), bearings and parts in general, just so the original intake could be used.

I just wondered why the stock air intake wasn't removed, and the supercharger installed with a rear intake, and therefore, belt-driven from the front. Anybody know?

·
Premium Member
3,494 Posts
MAGNAGARGER CONFIGURATION

The super charger that magnacharger has the same drive as used on the corvettes and as from what i have seen is trouble free. There is still just the one belt. As for why its done this way you can contact magnacharger at www.magnacharger.com and am sure they'll give you the answer but is probably just a matter of room.

Ed

·
Registered
28 Posts
Re: SUPERCHARGER

QWKSSR said:
I'm a dealer for magnaghargers. The first 13 are due out in about four weeks but are all sold. If anyone is interested in purchasing one contact me for a deal.

Ed
Where are you located?

·
Premium Member
3,494 Posts
Magnacharger

Blownchevy

I am located in san Francisco.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts