Chevy SSR Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Supporting SSR Hobbyist
11,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Left Coast '32 is making another purchase of TVS1900 superchargers for the SSR. The first installation was in early 2018 and it is a really nice kit. There have been a significant number of improvements and upgrades since they were last offered in 2020. Here is the flier that has gone out to those that have expressed an interest in the additional power.

You can call 480-225-2123 for details.

Trust me, this really changes the permagrin.

Mike
Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive design Auto part Automotive fuel system

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2006 Pacific Blue 6 speed Custom
5,976 Posts
Great News Mike for those seeking that extra horse power and performance! I'd love to have Thunder "ROAR" but I retired a bit too early to pull this off! Thanks for continuing to create opportunities for our SSR Fanatic family in so many different ways!!! :cool:

·
Premium Member
2006 S/C Silver & 2006 S/C Pac Blue 6spd
1,771 Posts
The Magnuson Superchargers are a fantastic upgrade. I installed our first in our 2006 automatic mid 2019 under the supervision of Mike. The results were a complete wow. I did not expect the truck to accelerate as hard as it did.
Motor vehicle Car Automotive design Automotive air manifold Hood

This picture was taken just after the first start with supercharger installed, hence you can see the top of the heat exchanger and a relay lurking under the radiator splash shield

As we bought our 6spd later in 2019, I knew what had to happen. After taking care of many other upgrades and maintenance items, as the R was bone stock when we bought it, I installed the second supercharger over the Christmas-New Years holidays earlier this past year, and the results were an even larger wow. A supercharged automatic is fantastic, but a supercharged 6spd is something else.
Hood Blue Car Vehicle Automotive air manifold

This picture was taken after the first test drive.

Both of our trucks are drivers. We jump in them and go to the store, dinner, run errands wherever and whenever. Earlier this summer I got a phone call and the next morning I got up and drove one from Houston to Phoenix to help out with a family medical issue. I did the same last year to haul a load family heirlooms from San Diego back to Houston.

They drive like normal Rs when driven normally. However when you step on the gas, they flat move out. The supercharger moves the torque way down in the RPM range and there is no mistaking the feeling, or comparison to a cold air intake, polished throttle body, a tune, etc. Those are all good upgrades, and I’ve done them. What I can say about a supercharger is there is no question like “Did it make a difference?”. You simply grin. The feeling is amazing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts