Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just got done buffing out the scratches from my paint job with Maguires Finish and Gloss #82, then did the Zaino 1 and 2. This has got to be the very best combo for a magnificent shine ever! I had quite a few scratches left over from my paint job and this stuff got em all out and then the Zaino brought back the lustre from the original paint job. YOu have to go to an automotive paint store to get it. Not to be confused with the SratchX from Maguires, that is a bit finer. Maguires makes about 8 different levels of polish for the professional use, and this one is about in the middle of that range. This is a bit coarser and needs to be followed up with a good polish like zaino but man, I can't believe how good it looks. It looks better than when it was new! I am stoked.

·
Premium Member
9,217 Posts
Hey, Ed

Did you have to clean off the Mequiars with a wash solution before you went to Zaino - been wondering about that. I took off the rear fender rock guards (boy, did that ever clean up the looks!!!!), and had a few scratches along the edges - used a fine abrasive to clean up the scratches, and put zaino over top - seems to have worked OK - nothing in the Zaino information about that.

I guess that's one product Zaino could add to their arsenal - a buffing compound that links with their product.

Ray

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks you guys. Always happy to share what I have learned. By the way, the Meguiar's product is called "Mirror Glaze #83, Dual Action Cleaner/Polish". I did not have to wash after doing that. It calls for using a buffer but I did it by hand because a buffer can't get to the lip near the hood or near the tonu without banging into those beloved bulging fenders we like so much. I am just amazed how the scratches came out. My SSR has never looked this good! I bought it locally at a store called TAPE (Tidewater Automotive Paints and Equipment).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts