Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know the red one is just a flipped picture. Read the SSR lettering on the arm rest & floor mats.
Yea, at a quick glance you think What The? If I could of blocked out the lettering it would of been a Good April Fools Joke. If you look at the gauges on the first photo, that is a give away also.

·
Slingshot Rules!
73,662 Posts
Do you think these R's were made to delivery mail or for a country were you have right hand steering.
A few years ago there was a great Australian Couple on here that imported an SSR and were required to have it switched to Right Hand Drive.

If I remember correctly, the entire process was a huge nightmare and lasted for months, if not longer.

Also, DROVE ME TO DRINK as I felt so sorry for them. I don't think they ever won the battle.

! :cry ! :nono ! :cry ! :nono ! :cry !

·
Super Moderator
13,977 Posts
There were some altered for the land down under

Do you come from a land down under
Where women glow and men plunder

This is Indy Parade #74 in Australia

DSCN1424.jpg #20087 RH Drive StWhl.jpg Brake system relocated for RH Drive.jpg #20087 Interior - RH Drive.jpg 1GCES14H95B120087 Vavoom - Mark & Fiona Sutherland.jpg

There were some altered for Australia/NZ
They had a problem with the engine bay being slightly lopsided as well as the footwells in the interior and fitting the pedals into the smaller passenger footwell.

I think a 3 pedal would be a problem in a RH Drive, in the smaller footwell - I drive in bare feet as I find running shoes too restricting

·
Super Moderator
13,977 Posts
I was busy doing my schtick and noticed the Doophus post
I think what we should recognize is the lengths people will go to, to own an SSR

I believe the conversion cost ran nearly $100,000
Our friends, Mark & Fiona owned the aforementioned SSR (Varoom), and it was an ongoing issue trying to get it to work

·
Slingshot Rules!
73,662 Posts
I was busy doing my schtick and noticed the Doophus post
I think what we should recognize is the lengths people will go to, to own an SSR

I believe the conversion cost ran nearly $100,000
Our friends, Mark & Fiona owned the aforementioned SSR (Varoom), and it was an ongoing issue trying to get it to work
Thanks, Dale . . . Mark and Fiona.

Their nightmare just never seemed to end. As soon as they fixed one mess another one even bigger and stinkier would pop up.

Any idea / information on how it all finally ended?

·
Registered
04 Black, 05 Black, 05 Aqua Blur
3,153 Posts
Could you imagine if they were used as postal vehicles? My mail lady can't keep from hitting stuff with a flat sided vehicle that she sits right at the edge of. With the fenders sticking out like they do on the SSR, WOW she would have those torn off in no time flat. And the fill in guy that I have, he goes down our road stopping at the boxes but coming back out he has the whole length with no boxes. You would think he is trying to qualify for a race the way he comes flying up the road on the way out. I have seen him get the front wheels off the ground bouncing and hitting the transition in the road from the rock to the paved part. He has that poor little mail truck flat on the floor.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts