Chevy SSR Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2005 ssr 6spd silver 6.0 L
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
IM RETIRED MECH. need to no any body in ft myers area or shop that can assit me in removal of lift cyl. on the roof. OR shop that does this. Not familar with the plastic and clips Looked at the intel on this. But four hands are better than two. Can email me at [email protected] for any information. THANKS GEORGEPM

·
Registered
04 Black, 05 Black, 05 Aqua Blur, top secret can't say anything about another one
7,298 Posts
In the case of changing roof cylinders you will usually be doing most of it one handed due to lack of room to work in there. It can be done if you take your time and pay attention to what your doing. Dicktator has it in his library on how to remove them. There are 2 places that rebuild them, turn around is pretty quick. Cabriolet Hydraulics 2111 72nd Terrace E, Sarasota, FL 34243 (941) 756-1300 very well known for doing the cylinders on SSRs and the owner even has an SSR.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
In the case of changing roof cylinders you will usually be doing most of it one handed due to lack of room to work in there. It can be done if you take your time and pay attention to what your doing. Dicktator has it in his library on how to remove them. There are 2 places that rebuild them, turn around is pretty quick. Cabriolet Hydraulics 2111 72nd Terrace E, Sarasota, FL 34243 (941) 756-1300 very well known for doing the cylinders on SSRs and the owner even has an SSR.
yes i have that info ican even make an appointment under certain arrangments its an hour drive and i have to leave it . As a mech. i learned if they break it they buy it LOL.been ther done that.

·
Premium Member
2,519 Posts
The way this works is one of the Fanatics in your area or at a Tech Session will assist you in repairing your truck. This not a commercial endeavor. This is a bunch of SSR owners banded together to assist each other and new owners learn how to work on their truck. If you are physically able they will instruct you, if you are not physically able they will get'erdone. If you leave your truck it will be sitting where you left it maybe, and will be in the same condition you left it.
But on the upside you will meet a great bunch of guys that have one common interest, keeping these trucks on the road and making it possible for you to enjoy your truck.
Jack

·
Premium Member
2005 Chevy SSR,2004 Ultra Violet
1,545 Posts
IM RETIRED MECH. need to no any body in ft myers area or shop that can assit me in removal of lift cyl. on the roof. OR shop that does this. Not familar with the plastic and clips Looked at the intel on this. But four hands are better than two. Can email me at [email protected] for any information. THANKS GEORGEPM
You can bring it to Rgang in Central Florida we have repaired #109 roofs so far. Just send me a PM and we can discuss.

·
Premium Member
'06 FPR Smokin Asphalt; '04 Ulta Violet
6,838 Posts
@georgepm. there ya go, the Rgang is super !! Meantime----Welcome from Forney Texas. Consider clicking on the Colored Letter/Picture, top far right corner, go down to "Account Settings", click, and fill in your information. Especially your LOCATION and the year of your SSR, like the rest of us. Then go the the left side and click on "Signature". Also put the year of your SSR in your "Signature", and anything else you want to show in your posts, and we can help you better if you have a problem. When you finish click the "SAVE" box.

Click here for the "How To Library" OneDrive

Also click on this link and go to Post #1 Help Us Help You---UPDATE

Then go to the "New Member Section" and introduce yourself. New Member Section

Click here for parts, help and tips--Simple Engineering, LLC – Chevy SSR Aftermarket Parts, Accessories and Repair Solutions

Owner Pinmap locate other owners and let them locate you. Go to last page to add your information.

Nick & Kathy

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You can bring it to Rgang in Central Florida we have repaired #109 roofs so far. Just send me a PM and we can discuss.
ITS to bad they dont have exchange cylinders, it would make the job easyer . Pretty soon there will be no cyl. then what. When i restored old porsches i found some parts less and less,these were the movers to. SSR get fewer the parts are going to get harder except for aftermarket, MADE IN CHINA UKUKUKUK. WHERE in central FL areyou? GEORGEPM.

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
ROTM 1/2016 - 2006 PacBlues 376 & 29
30,607 Posts
ITS to bad they dont have exchange cylinders, it would make the job easyer . Pretty soon there will be no cyl. then what. When i restored old porsches i found some parts less and less,these were the movers to. SSR get fewer the parts are going to get harder except for aftermarket, MADE IN CHINA UKUKUKUK. WHERE in central FL areyou? GEORGEPM.
You are correct that there are no replacement cylinders for sale. My understanding is that the cylinders are removed, rebuilt and replaced. That way they do not get thrown away and we do not end up in the situation you are describing.

·
SSR Believer
4,136 Posts
George, you can take advantage of the recommendations above or per @Stlhotrod you can take your SSR to Cabriolet Hydraulics in Sarasota. They will R&R the necessary parts, rebuild as needed and reinstall them for you. They also will exchange parts with an appropriate core charge.

Folks further west have the option to exchange parts with Top Hydraulics (they do not work directly on vehicles though).

·
SSR Pit Crew
2004 Silver SSR with Strips. Owned 16yrs. Start 9K, now 159K miles
14,770 Posts
You got a post/answer from the RGang aka Tom Sorensen, they have set of "rebuilt" cylinders ready to go in your SSR. They check Roof Reservoir and Pneumatic Structs while you are there.

IT'S up to you if and when you want to do them. OR you can go see Zig aka Cab Hydraulics who owns an SSR and has been to my house several times.

Zig rebuilds ALL eight cylinders, RGang will do two main cylinders which fail 90% of the time FIRST!

Dicktator

PS. They DO exchange cylinders, your "leaky" ones for rebuilt ones.
Last pictures are the RGang who fix SSR.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,545 Posts
We have the main cylinders already rebuilt. We would do yours in Summerfield. I started a conversation with you.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
HI GEORGEPM here just a note,have a slver o5 called the slver ghost had senses new . watch out for those roof hyd. they can kill you. in the $ side hardly ever youes my top down still went south working on repairs hope RGANG can help to much on my plate with the storms and all im in FL.IAN gave us a good bite in the ass. time to get to drinken later.

·
Premium Member
1,545 Posts
HI GEORGEPM here just a note,have a slver o5 called the slver ghost had senses new . watch out for those roof hyd. they can kill you. in the $ side hardly ever youes my top down still went south working on repairs hope RGANG can help to much on my plate with the storms and all im in FL.IAN gave us a good bite in the ass. time to get to drinken later.
Rgang can help but you will need to respond to the conversation that I sent you.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
TOM sorry i havent got back to you, contractors working on pool cage, finished yeh. I will call you after TKDAY to talk in real time, About my situation. Thank you for your patience. GEORGEPM. PS hate the holidays to much drama every thing comes to a stop and the dollars drain away, LOL

Reactions: soren703 and nj6969
1 - 16 of 16 Posts