Chevy SSR Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
I DO WINDOWS
8,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Maintenance manuals are they easy to get State side. My owners manual say’s I can get one for $120, but north of the boarder the dealership says I have to put my name on a list. After enough names are collected they will run a printing session at a cost of $260.

·
Premium Member
9,438 Posts
Hi, Rebel

Bought mine from an SSR owner who was selling his toy - I'll dig them out and see if there are any SKU numbers on them - If so, you may be able to get them from GM Parts Direct. That process is also a pain, because they will not accept a Canadian Address OR Visa.. You'll have to deal with a MO and the mail.

Let you know later.

Ray

·
I DO WINDOWS
8,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
! egaugnaL hcnerF ,cirteM maD

Adding the French / metric ... I think is the cause .... But you know what, I can read English (just can't spell it) and can work with Imperial mesurements. If I can find the stock # for the manual, I can order at a Detroit dealership.

·
SSR Owners Group
3,753 Posts
Helm Inc

Try Helm Inc. for $120 you get a 2 volume set...

If they won't ship to you - I'm sure one of us will be willing to re-ship on up to the Great White North...

·
I DO WINDOWS
8,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys, I have not see a Helm's manual before, but have one coming $135 plus shipping. :flag :thumbs :thumbs :thumbs I'm LUCKY, they ship over here. KOOL :cool

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
REBEL said:
Adding the French / metric ... I think is the cause .... But you know what, I can read English (just can't spell it) and can work with Imperial mesurements. If I can find the stock # for the manual, I can order at a Detroit dealership.
The manuals in English are the size of two phone directories. About 4 inches total. Being reprinted in a bilingual edition... WOW.

BTW, The manuals already have metric (imperial) notations.

·
SSR Owners Group
3,753 Posts
Nah - they seem to think it's an insult to their intelligence - but I have 'looked stuff up' for them - and make sure I mention it's in the bed if they need it...

With the 4" thickness - I also keep the manuals handy to beat the service reps over the head... :reddevil

·
Registered
137 Posts
kwhopper89 said:
Nah - they seem to think it's an insult to their intelligence - but I have 'looked stuff up' for them - and make sure I mention it's in the bed if they need it...

With the 4" thickness - I also keep the manuals handy to beat the service reps over the head... :reddevil
I need to start keeping a set of these in my bed.....at 4" thick it should help with traction on those snowy days :lol

·
I DO WINDOWS
8,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ding dong

I ordered on the 9th and the set arrived today the 12th, that’s good service. ... OU... AH ... It has lot's of pictures in it that I can color also :rolleyes:

·
SSR Pit Crew
1,742 Posts
REBEL said:
I ordered on the 9th and the set arrived today the 12th, that’s good service. ... OU... AH ... It has lot's of pictures in it that I can color also :rolleyes:

How much was it REBEL?

·
I DO WINDOWS
8,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
$.$$

For my American cousins it’s $135 U.S.+ tax, and free shipping by ups. Two volumes in telephone type paper … yes 3” thick.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts