Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, would like some of your opinions on what type of manual transmission and rear end differential gear oil is best for our SSR's, mine is due! Thank's Happy New Year!! :blue:

·
Premium Member
2,207 Posts
Hi all, would like some of your opinions on what type of manual transmission and rear end differential gear oil is best for our SSR's, mine is due! Thank's Happy New Year!! :blue:
As to the rear end gear oil, here is what is recommended by my installer of a new 456 gear set.

Shop is East Coast Gear Supply in Raleigh, N.C. Owner of the business told me he has written an extensive article on the subject of rear gear oil. (I have not read the article yet).

Anyway, while many of us think about using synthetic oils, and that indeed is the best choice for most engines........He says not the case with rear end gears.

His recommendation that went into mine and will again at the 500 mile mark is Lucas SAE 85W-140 gear oil.:wink2:

·
SSR Pit Crew
12,665 Posts
Run all synthetic oil is what I recommend.

But you have Manual 6 speed, have you changed the OEM clutch yet?? You will! Now or later.

You have Camaro, leisure clutch in your 6 speed SSR. Camaro Clutch rated at 300hp, you have 400hp and SSR weighs 1800lbs more.

Hint! When clutch stays on floor and smoke fills the cab, time to change clutch.

Dicktator

1. Burned OEM Clutch pictures.
4. NEW CS7 Corvette Clutch rated at 600hp.
5. Note date 2011

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts