Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this subject has come up before but for some reason I can’t find it. My differencial is leaking oil and cannot be used because of the accident it was in. I have a 04 SSR with auto, I have found a 05 SSR diff with manual. What needs to be done if I want to buy and install the 05 manual diff in my 04 auto, just the drive shaft difference?
Thanks

·
Registered
2,816 Posts
If you haven't already, use the google custom search feature at the top of the page. That should get you what you want to know.

·
Resident Rocket Scientist
11,997 Posts
SSR manual diff should be a bolt in with the exception of the u-joint/driveshaft difference. No reprogramming needed.
The main difference is the current rear has a Torsen set of gears that act like a post whereas the manual is a true post. The manual will stand up to more abuse for sure. Also, both came with 3.73 gears.

·
SSR Pit Crew
12,499 Posts
Jeff
I believe the Manual Rear differential is the same as the Trailblazer SS rear differential except for the ABS sensors
and the rear yoke requires a larger diameter u-joint. You will also need to reprogram to get speedo and shift points correct

See the following for information regarding u joints

http://www.ssrfanatic.com/forum/f5/trailblazer-ss-rearend-221849/
Yes and no, Trailblazer SS rear end comes with 4:10 gears and not the 3:73.

The SSR 6 speed/14 bolt comes with 3:73 gears as hdflstf said.

ALL OEM SSR have 3:73 gears in rear end.

Dicktator

·
Premium Member
2,773 Posts
Thanks all for correcting me
Too early this morning, I guess I got confused after think about his previous post.:banghead

1 - 6 of 6 Posts