Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,149 Posts
I was there on Monday for lunch. Great food. From I-30 go south and the RailHead is 1 block south on the right. Parking at noon was tight.

·
Machell
20,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Focks is on a driving vacation in his big dodge pick up to the Grand Canyon , Vegas and back through New Mexico!!!! he will be at the March 11 meet!!!!

·
Premium Member
2,149 Posts
Just a thought after lunch at the Railhead in Ft. Worth -

THE 2006 March 11 INAUGRUAL CAR SHOW SEASON THE U.S. CLASSIC CAR & TRUCK SHOWS WILL BE AT THE ANTIQUES AND UNIQUES, IN NORTH RICHLAND HILLS, Hwy 26 @ I-820, 4:00 PM TO 8:00PM WITH REGISTRATION CLOSING AT 7pm SHARP. PARTICIPANT JUDGING.THERE WILL BE 1ST & 2ND PLACE AWARDS IN EACH CLASS WITH DASH PLAQUES TO THE FIRST 50 TO REGISTER.THE CLASSES FOR THE SHOWS ARE: PRE 39 CAR, 40'S CAR, 50'S CAR, 60'S CAR, 70'S CAR, 80'S CAR, UNDER CONSTRUCTION, STREET ROD/MUSCLE CAR, TRUCKS, OPEN WHEEL, SPECIAL INTEREST AND OPEN CLASS. THERE WILL BE 4 SPONSORS CHOICE TROPHIES AWARDED. VEHICLES 80's AND OLDER ARE WELCOME AND TRAILERED CARS ARE WELCOME. PLEASE, NO ALCOHOL OR CHECKS. REGISTRATION: $10.00. THERE WILL BE A 50/50 POT - $1.00 EA OR 6 FOR $5.00. CONTACT INFO: TAMMY DICKEY @ 817-428-0865 or 817-287-8918, [email protected] If nothing else a cruise through the area. Comments?

·
Premium Member
2,149 Posts
No problem we can go the scenic route through downtown Ft. worth & the Stock Yards & 28th street to I-35 to eastbound loop-820 to Hwy 26 north. Or the quick way I-30 to Loop 820 north to Hwy 26 north. Neither case you end up near northeast Loop 820, near Hwy 183 which leads to Dallas or Hwy 121.

·
Premium Member
2,668 Posts
I'm still hoping to make it. Hubby is trying to drag me to the Rattlesnake round up in Sweetwater. I know that seeing all those rattlers in one place will give me the hebbie jebbies and nightmares for weeks. :banghead :banghead I'm trying to talk some of his friends into going in my place.

·
Premium Member
894 Posts
Great meet

ALL RIGHT!!!--13 SSRs showed up today at what turned out to be a birthday party for four of the local fanatics. Thanks to wildcat66 and woohoo for the party. Thanks to cowtownssr for picking a great place.
What was really cooooool was the trip across Ft Worth--through the cultural district, through downtown, north on Main st, through the Stockyards, around Billy Bob's, north on Main st again, across Loop 820--to the car show. An unofficial parade for the tourists and folks lining the streets. 9 top-down SSRs, pedal to the metal, people taking pictures, kids waving--IT WAS AWESOME!!!!!
Focks was late this time. I think he spent too much time on the REJUVENEX website.:nono :lol
There were a couple of newbies there again this month. Thanks for coming.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Great time today. Wildcat and Woohoo, thanks for the birthday surprise. I really appreciated it. The SSR caravan through downtown Ft Worth and stockyards ending at the car show was excellent with perfect top down weather.

We coaxed Focks to enter his custom painted SSR in the best truck category but had to leave before the results were announced. Focks, did you win? You sure seemed like a ringer.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
We had a great time. I'm anxiously waiting to see the photos of Wildcat's face in the cake!!:glol

1 - 20 of 39 Posts