Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After waiting for well over a year and all the while the dealership only talking MSRP, mine ended up with a $5000 tack-on as a "market adjustment". I was told all the area dealers discussed it and all decided to do it. Should have seen it coming. :banghead

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
:cry and what area of the country is this where they all got together to pull our purse strings? I won't want to shop there ever!

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Central NJ. Should have expected the price hike but it would have been nice to get it verbally instead of a sticker on the window. Sweet machine. Can't wait to pick it up.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I'm in Convent Station just outside of Morristown. We've been getting Corvettes every other year and got a red SSR this time. I've never bought a GM product from a NJ dealership because of that kind of customer 'attitude'. We shop the internet and either buy on the GM employee program or sticker 'minus' when vehicles are not on the program. You should consider casting your vote by going elsewhere in the future.

This is the yellow one from the dealer on 46 isn't it? They were the ones trying to get sticker 'plus' on 50th Anniversary Corvettes when the rest of the country was at invoice 'less' the rebate or '0' financing. As the buying market gets comfortable with the tools available to them, these dealers are going to be in for a real surprise.

Enjoy the ride.... I'll look for you on the road and at the local shows.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Isn't illegal for all the dealers to get together and set a higher price? Collusion?

Did they told you MSRP? Did you get it in writing?

Here is what I would do: Get the car and pay what they want if you are getting the first one. Then threaten to sue and going to the newspapers if they don't give you what you paid extra. I'd be so mad....

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
:banghead THis is exactly why I have purchased mine from out of state. VA and NJ are notorious and unscrupulous dealers interested in getting as much cash from customers as they can.

·
Registered
10,950 Posts
Stupid Dealers

I've been to more than a dozen dealers from NJ to VA and I agree the worst dealers are in NJ and VA. Some dealers are asking more than 20k over sticker. I decided to go with one in Delaware when a NJ dealer said he would match the price. I told him that I was going to stick with the dealer in Del. because he offered the price first. About a half hour later the NJ dealer called back and said he might have forgotten to mention that his dealership was part of a special GM promotion where every car they sell comes with a 5yr/100,000 mile warranty for FREE. (Has anyone else heard of this promotion?). Well I made him put it in writing and took his deal, 1k over MSRP for his 1st 2004 (I wanted ultra-violet). I still have a deposit at another dealer for MSRP for his 3rd 2004(just in case), but this dealer screwed me over once already.

Congrats to all those who have found a decent dealer.:boxing

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I am in Georgia and I talked with a dealer tonight who has a black SSR on the show-room floor as we speak. I thought I was getting ripped off from my dealer with a 6K tack-on. The dealer I spoke with tonight has a 15K tack-on bringing the price of his SSR to a grand total of 57K+. He said that he had been offered 56K for it but management of the dealership turned it down opting to stay with the 57K price. I don't know if the dealers are talking to each other but it seems to me they are all a little greedy. Or, the free market system hard at work. You pick!!
:leaving

·
Registered
33 Posts
North Texas dealers annd surronding areas are asking $5-20K over sticker. Currently talking to one that may charge MSRP, will see their deal tomorrow.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
With my Yellow SSR due in before months end, I will sell my Red SSR with 1Sb pkg., mats, bed compartment treatment and running boards (easily removed) and less than 1000 miles for $50,750. later this month. Not a dealer or broker, I just got tired of waiting for yellow and took a red one until my yellow one arrives.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts