Chevy SSR Forum banner

Mars verses Venus

2K views 20 replies 13 participants last post by  Stan 
#1 ·
It seems to me that unlike the PT Cruiser which seems to be female dominated, the SSR is a true guy car. No offense to the women of this board which brings up this question:

Just how many women are driving these beauties?

I count LadyinRed in Vegas (or California-not sure), Machell in Texas, and I think there is another on this board.

Anyone else????

Just curious.

Rick

#7 ·
SSR Envy...

I see the same look from the New Beetle crowd - especially the cabriolets. The SSR is also guaranteed to turn the head of a Mini Cooper driver as well.

One of my coworkers has a new PT Convertible. Nice car and all, but not for me. I could see myself driving a Mini Cooper with the John Cooper Works package however. Maybe that would be my other daily driver. :D

#8 ·
:eek I don't think it is too polite to dis the poor guy that can't come up with the cash for the SSR. I owned a PT CRuiser and loved the heck out of it. It was extremely customizable, even though it had weak power. As for the mini, we love ours and it is now the "Lab Hauler", since the choc. lab won't fit in the SSR. We plan on keeping both of them for eternity if possible. I have great respect for all car owners, regardless of price or whatever tastes they have. Each to his/her own. I especially enjoy taking folks for rides than simply can't splurge on an SSR beacause they have more important issues to take care of like sening kids to college, etc. Enjoy your SSR but be careful about flaunting your wealth.

#14 · (Edited)
Flaunting...

...what wealth? Like Ricardo, the bank owns my SSR as well. I at least have clear title on my '96 S-10 - 98K miles. For the record, PT Cruizers still turn my head, especially with a flame job.

My wife has taken the SSR out a few times, and although she loves the truck, she absolutely hates the attention it brings. She feels self conscious about her driving thinking everyone is watching her (they are), and it makes her very uncomfortable.

We also have an '01 Camaro Z convertible she prefers to drive. It's hard to believe, but it doesn't draw the attention the SSR does, and it's a great looking car. (Since this pic I've added some 17" chrome ZR-1 wheels.)

Attachments

#15 ·
I have an yellow ssr , 96 camaro z28 conv , 2004 ford f350 4x4 ,55 chevy pro street , 69 ss camaro , 96 chev stepside
My wife has a red ssr , pt crusier , 99 corvette

There all fun and have there own thing there fun for. The pt may be low on power but in my opinion the SSR is disapointment when it comes to power. Hopfully when my magnacharger comes in a couple of weeks that will change

#16 ·
wheels

seems ssr owners are realistic about appropriate car functions. currently we have the SSR for fun, PT for times when you need to haul passengers, Silverado for when you need a truck, 67 Camaro convertible because we have it and can't part with it and 90 Olds 88 I inherited from my mom and is nice to have for emergencies.

Remember when each one of them was THE car (truck) to have and can't bear to part with any.

Some may call it hoarding, I call it accumulation

:) :cheers :cheers

t

#18 ·
Marsmobile here

My wife wanted to drive it once and is fine with riding in it...for me. I don't think she cares near as much for it as I do. It seems a lot more men comment on it, too.

other rides: 2000 Sable 90K mi, whichever company car is available (nissan, skylark, astro, caprice), and 1999 15.5 HP Craftsman lawn tractor (I just have to "flaunt")

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.