Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do I disconnect the plug in electrical wires from the MAFS? I already have the new part, have loosened the two screws holding in the metal rings holding the MAF in place. Do I need to disconnect the ground post on the battery?

Roseanne

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
I have disconnected mine on my SSRs when I have been working on them and have not ever disconnected the negative battery cable. I have also done the same thing on other GM vehicles with out disconnecting the battery cable.

As to how to disconnect the plug for the MAFS there is a gray clip that you slide back first then push the black center in and it will slide off. One of my trucks the gray clip has been lost and it stays in place with out it so if yours is missing don't panic.
Here some pictures for reference
First one is of it on the MAFS slide the what looks like it is white but is actually gray part back

This is with it removed so you can see better.

With lock tab pulled back now you can push in on the button to release it

The tab in the blue circle is where you push in and it will slide off then. This picture is of my other one that the gray safety clip is missing from. You don't have to remove the gray piece just slide it back about a 1/4 inch.

To put back on just push the plug back on then push the safety clip back up.

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
28,169 Posts
I have disconnected mine on my SSRs when I have been working on them and have not ever disconnected the negative battery cable. I have also done the same thing on other GM vehicles with out disconnecting the battery cable.

As to how to disconnect the plug for the MAFS there is a gray clip that you slide back first then push the black center in and it will slide off. One of my trucks the gray clip has been lost and it stays in place with out it so if yours is missing don't panic.
First one is of it on the MAFS slide the what looks like it is white but is actually gray part back
View attachment 581068
View attachment 581069
View attachment 581070
The tab in the blue circle is where you push in and it will slide off then. This picture is of my other one that the gray safety clip is missing from. You don't have to remove the gray piece just slide it back about a 1/4 inch.
View attachment 581071

Nice job on the "How to"

·
BAD BOW TIE
10,356 Posts
I do know if you break one or lose one of the locks they are impossible to locate. Good thing they are not really needed. Talked to someone from GM and he said they put those on at the factory to keep things together as the unit goes down the assembly line there is sometimes stress on the connections but after the vehicle is fully assembled they are no longer needed.

Reactions: richsadams

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

View attachment 581068
View attachment 581069
View attachment 581070
View attachment 581071

I got the small gray clip off. But can't get the whole plug on system connected to the MAF don't see a area to push in to disconnect, I don't know if my hand is not strong enough or just can't figure it out.

·
Premium Member
2,578 Posts
The grey clip (CPA or Connector Position Assurance clip) needs to be completely removed

·
Premium Member
2,562 Posts
I got the small gray clip off. But can't get the whole plug on system connected to the MAF don't see a area to push in to disconnect, I don't know if my hand is not strong enough or just can't figure it out. View attachment 581314
OK, go back to @Stlhotrod's post and look at the last photo. You need to press hard on that area indicated, which is actually a lever/lock. While pressing on that area you need to pull hard on the plug - it does take significant effort to dislodge the plug! You may not have the hand strength required to get the job done, so a pair of pliers may be your solution. Good Luck!

Reactions: roseanne
1 - 8 of 8 Posts