Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If a Z06 has 500 hp and weighs approx 3100 pounds, taking into account the loss of hp through the manual transmission, how much would you have to increase the hp on a 2004 SSR weighing approx 4900 pounds with an automatic transmission to exceed to net Z06 horsepower? What would be the best way to achieve this? If there is a formula or online calculator, please let me know..

Thanks!! :seeya

·
Registered
41 Posts
most tuners use a rule of thumb of 15% loss through the drivetrain (that is good enogh for your calcs). so, your z06 should be making ~425 rwhp with a weight of 3100 pounds (excluding driver/fuel) giving 7.29 #/hp. to get the same ratio on your 4900 pound ssr you would need ~672 rwhp (or almost 800 crank hp).

based on this, the best way to get that power to weight ratio with an ssr is to make fiberglass ssr panels and bolt them onto your z06 :lol

regards,

ken zeller

·
Registered
3,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
evoluzione said:
based on this, the best way to get that power to weight ratio with an ssr is to make fiberglass ssr panels and bolt them onto your z06 :lol
I'm afriad my husband has something like this in mind! :eek

Thanks so much for the info!

:seeya

·
Registered
487 Posts
vettegirl said:
If a Z06 has 500 hp and weighs approx 3100 pounds, taking into account the loss of hp through the manual transmission, how much would you have to increase the hp on a 2004 SSR weighing approx 4900 pounds with an automatic transmission to exceed to net Z06 horsepower? What would be the best way to achieve this? If there is a formula or online calculator, please let me know..

Thanks!! :seeya

If an 04 SSR is driving at 80 MPH into a 30 MPH headwind, and an 05 SSR is heading in the opposite direction at 100MPH, What color is the 04? :jester

Joe Davis
StepPrinting.com

·
Premium Member
1,783 Posts
E=mc2

StepPrinting said:
If an 04 SSR is driving at 80 MPH into a 30 MPH headwind, and an 05 SSR is heading in the opposite direction at 100MPH, What color is the 04? :jester

Joe Davis
StepPrinting.com
And if you could get an SSR to exceed the speed of light at night would your headlights go out??? :lol :lol :lol John317

·
Registered
178 Posts
mathematical odds are:

StepPrinting said:

Joe Davis
StepPrinting.com

why , it is redline red of course! one out of every 4 sold if you extrapolate the poll color numbers. :jester

·
Registered
487 Posts
comley said:
why , it is redline red of course! one out of every 4 sold if you extrapolate the poll color numbers. :jester
:nono :nono :nono Silly...it's Yellow, of course...because... not only is Yellow the best color, it's also the "New Red" so mathmatically, you have to add the Yellow and the Red together to get the correct poll results :seeya :seeya :seeya

Joe Davis
StepPrinting.com

·
Registered
254 Posts
The '04 is GREEN

StepPrinting said:

Joe Davis
StepPrinting.com
WITH ENVY!! :jester

·
Senior Privileged Member
4,101 Posts
The 04 is NOT green with envy if it got the MTI Racing treamtnet like mine did, and now makes more power than the 05! :)

Jim G

1 - 12 of 12 Posts