As of 26 MAY 2023 - 7:23 CDT the poll is open!
Here are the links directly to the participants entries:
Stlhotrod - May 2023 SSR Photo Challenge - Out and About
04 PurpleHaze - May 2023 SSR Photo Challenge - Out and About
bluenoser - May 2023 SSR Photo Challenge - Out and About
copper799 - May 2023 SSR Photo Challenge - Out and About
PrescottHills - May 2023 SSR Photo Challenge - Out and About
Garris1 - May 2023 SSR Photo Challenge - Out and About
Legallyblonde026 - May 2023 SSR Photo Challenge - Out and About
shakatak - Withdrawn on 28 MAY 2023. Removed from poll.
Original post follows below:
Welcome to our first grassroots ROTM challenge. This is the first in what we hope are many challenges that will be run by the members.
- Rules of the Month:
- One personally taken picture of your R at least 100 miles or 1 hour from home and tell us where it was taken.
- A write up of why your R should be considered as ROTM can be added with your picture or later on In this thread (e.g. In keeping with the theme, years owned, modifications, etc.)
- Entries are limited to new potential winners only. No previous ROTM winners this month please.
- Solicitation of votes should be done in this thread
- A first place tie will be resolved by coin flip witnessed by another fanatic (in person or virtually).
- Basic Rules:
- Members MUST have at least 20 posts.
- Voting will take place towards the end of the month.
- If you should win:
- You are responsible for setting the ”Rules of the Month” for the following month - Please keep it simple and open to any fanatic.
- If the “rules of the month” aren’t chosen within a week of when you win, they will be chosen by another member (e.g. active fanatic, or a previous winner, etc) so we can setup the thread for the next month. I'll reach out to the winner via a Conversation, so that I can setup the following month.
- If you've won, you cannot enter that R for the rest of the year (at least, it depends upon the Rules of the Month); however, if you have a second SSR that meets the criteria, you can enter that R.
- What do you “win”?
- Bragging rights - For example: My SSR was ROTM - April 2023
- Badge on your profile. - Thank you @Marc NY
- Most importantly - Seeing others Rs, what they’ve done with them, showing your own and the camaraderie we experience as being a member of this forum
Example for this month:
<I have no idea what happened to the picture, as it is still attached but no longer shows up>
This picture was taken on our first trip to Stonehenge a number of years ago in Ingram, Texas. It was a great trip with what became our favorite traveling partners and likely where the phrase, "Follow the red truck" was coined.