Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I waited to May 5th. Can we now get the changes, upgrades etc. for the 2006 SSr's. Or is the color change the only difference? :)

·
Registered
43 Posts
Two tone paint, Chrome grill, new paint Pacfic blue, Im going to get black/silver 2 tone paint, :ssr :cool :thumbs :flag chrome grill, the whole chrome package, ya ya ya can you dig it!!! Black on the top, Silver on the side, this will be #1 bad looking ride... LORD willing should have it in Sept. just in time for the football season.

·
Registered
43 Posts
randynbarb said:
big buck changes? What will bottom line $$-wise be for a new one then? Give or take a few sheckles of course. :cool
Im getting mine GMS price, all I have to do :flag is sell my 04/Vette vert, well I got all summer. I think this will be the last year, time will tell. I heard the Carmeo will be back in 07... With GM in the reds, nobody can tell what could happen.

·
Registered
43 Posts
randynbarb said:
last year for SSR's? :confused
Sales will be the bottom line... #1 good thing is, it will make our SSR worth more. I had a 02 Prowler, I like the car but it was very hard ride with no room in it. My wife has a bad back and the Corvette is even had for her.

·
Registered
442 Posts
real?

Sorry, but I do not know you guys and honestly cannot tell if you are kidding about the black over silver and chrome grille, etc. If this is true, is there any two-tone interiors, too? thnx! .... later edit - My wife has gotten old and shiftless with a bum knee and wants an automatic and I will NEVER again buy a 4 speed anything, so is there ANY chance the 2006 auto will have more than 4 forward gears? I kind of hope not so it will give me an excuse to get the manual.

·
Premium Member
9,312 Posts
My bet is that the new MSRP will be down significantly so that they can maintain some semblance of production - how about a fearless prediction of $5K less than an 05.

Ray

·
Registered
369 Posts
Crystal Ball

I have worked for Chevrolet for 14 years, and to this day my crystal ball is still a little dark. The only people who know whats going on with the 06 arn't telling right now. (Price wise, color wise or other wise). I wish I had all these "experts" around to tell me how good sales are going to be for the next five years. :banghead
Mike :cool

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi watch six,
The reason I posted this queary was Marc said the info on the '06s would be available TODAY. He hasn't checked in yet so I am patiently waiting. :)

·
Premium Member
171 Posts
jc/ssr said:
Two tone paint, Chrome grill, new paint Pacfic blue, Im going to get black/silver 2 tone paint, :ssr :cool :thumbs :flag chrome grill, the whole chrome package, ya ya ya can you dig it!!! Black on the top, Silver on the side, this will be #1 bad looking ride... LORD willing should have it in Sept. just in time for the football season.
Hmmmm....must be a Raiders Fan.........

·
Registered
442 Posts
I will bet a dollar to a donut the MSRP does NOT drop. Ain't no chance!!! In fact, it will rise a bit. The best we can hope for is hidden factory to dealer rebates that allow dealers to offer good prices. You do not have to be a Raiders fan to appreciate black over silver. Vettes came that way one year (30th anniv.?) and so did the Seville around 1978. Prowler also had their BowTie Edition that was black over silver. My 2003 F150 100th Anniv. model is black over silver and I love it! It also is black and silver inside. It is just plain a gorgeous combo! Sure wish this combo was really happening for the SSR..........!!!!!!!!!

·
Administrator
PEDIGREE SSR
8,594 Posts
New 06 color out ...

Broomer said:
Hi watch six,
The reason I posted this queary was Marc said the info on the '06s would be available TODAY. He hasn't checked in yet so I am patiently waiting. :)
HI Bromer,

The information had been leaked out earier by a one of our members on our site. However since you asked I will post the "official" response that I had received.

"Chevrolet will be adding a 6th color to the SSR color palette. New for 2006 will be Pacific Blue (90U - WA8855k)"

I was informed by someone that worked in the plant that the new color looks great! It was told to me that the new color was between a medium to dark shade of blue. I am hoping to get a sample of the new color sometime soon. Perhaps someone out there can tell what shade and hue the blue is by the code above.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanx Marc for the reply. I have already seen the added color for 2006. My question is will that be the only change. Will there be any changes or upgrades that will significantly change the 2006 such as auto trans upgrade, trim packages, electronic upgrades etc. :)

·
Administrator
PEDIGREE SSR
8,594 Posts
Other changes

Hey Broomer,

I am waiting to talk to Bob Walczyk and get some more updates when he gets back next week. As you might recall there has been some talk of a two tone black/ silver color combos too.

Once again the person I talked to in the plant said they were seeing 06 pilots with those new colors and combos on them.

However Bob W. hasn't told me yet that the two tone is an official color option.

Ps. Yes, I have heard also that there will be some newer options and accessories in 06 I just can't confirm them just yet.
:(

·
Premium Member
9,312 Posts
The 427 has been on my wish list for a while - waiting for a candy apple red 6 speed 427 2007. :)

The 03 is not for sale.

Ray

1 - 20 of 40 Posts