Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Daily Driver
8,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I find this very hard to believe without a Bat-signal strength spotlight behind the dash. :rolleyes:

Attachments

·
Registered
305 Posts
It's actually a pretty popular trend among highschoolers with low budget cars to make them unique, and also by tuners who like the red racecar feel in their projects.

·
Super Moderator
14,055 Posts
Then again, what would ever possess you to do that mess
I guess tuner mentality but hopefully, we have no tuner owners

·
Registered
305 Posts
Personally I like it, but not the rainbowy aspect. If it was one or two colors, complementary to the interior or exterior, I wouldn't mind it.
Uniquity is always in the eye of the beholder.

·
Premium Member
31,688 Posts
I think Bruce's post wasn't about the artistic aspect of it. I think he was calling "BS" on it because the paper would not let enough light through. Dash bulbs aren't the brightest, and placing something that's generally considered opaque between them and your eyes isn't a good thing. And the "idiot light" icons are already colored (The alert icons and coloration are likely ISO standards) - so adding a different color is going to make it worse. So I'm also calling BS on it being real.

Now... using tinted films - that would work. Or, go to the local hobby shop and buy Tamiya transparent acrylic paint. They come in a variety of colors. It's like the candy top coat for automotive paint, but for models. Back in the '80s, I used the clear red to recolor the tail lamps on my old Mercedes. The plastic had faded badly after 30 years. I couldn't afford replacement parts (which amazingly were still available!).

·
Daily Driver
8,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes, I doubt pieces of post-it notes or any other colored paper would work.
I'm not questioning the colors, although making the cold end of the temperature gage red and the hot end blue puzzles me. :shades:

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
I'm contemplating getting my cluster out without braking anything to replace my stepper motors & you guys are messing around with this foolish stuff? How many have taken their cluster out? I need one of you near MARYLAND.

BIRD

1 - 11 of 11 Posts