Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 04 SSR that has a couple things wrong with it. I need the stepper motors replaced in the dash and I am having a roof timeout happen that will not allow the roof to go down. Does anyone know of a good person in Nashville area to work on this for me. Not the most mechanically inclined here.

·
Supporting SSR Hobbyist
10,206 Posts
I have an 04 SSR that has a couple things wrong with it. I need the stepper motors replaced in the dash and I am having a roof timeout happen that will not allow the roof to go down. Does anyone know of a good person in Nashville area to work on this for me. Not the most mechanically inclined here.
For your stepper motors, I would recommend you contact a local speedo repair shop. They should be VERY familiar with replacing them. If you find the right shop, they should also be familiar with getting the speedo out of the SSR dash.

There are a couple of us here who could help guide the right technical person through troubleshooting the roof issue. If you are going to start a search for that person from scratch......... I would begin with a shop that has people who are willing to listen to an outsider for guidance on repair of electrical and control system issues......

Regards,

Mike

·
Premium Member
7,343 Posts
Hey Chris, Todd's Complete Auto Care here in Murfreesboro will be happy to work on your SSR for you. He is very honest and will shoot you straight. Their number is 615 962 9050 and talk to Mark or Bill (Service Tech's). Todd is an expert on Stepper Motors (replace all 5 while you are at it) and he will get right on your Top problem. He is a young man who loves to work on SSR's. Take my word for it or call me at 615 605 4763. They open at 7:30 Monday morning. If you have to leave it, which you probably will, I will be happy to get you back to Nashville. Bob Alexander - tennesseecozydog

·
Premium Member
7,343 Posts
For your stepper motors, I would recommend you contact a local speedo repair shop. They should be VERY familiar with replacing them. If you find the right shop, they should also be familiar with getting the speedo out of the SSR dash.

There are a couple of us here who could help guide the right technical person through troubleshooting the roof issue. If you are going to start a search for that person from scratch......... I would begin with a shop that has people who are willing to listen to an outsider for guidance on repair of electrical and control system issues......

Regards,

Mike
Mike, Mike, Mike, Todd's Complete Auto Care here in Murfreesboro is the place to take your SSR for good honest service. Those Speed Shop's in Nashville will rip you a new one. Bob Alexander - tennesseecozydog :ssr

·
Premium Member
6,488 Posts
Chris, Welcome to the Forum, Tell us about your self. Todd's has done work on my 05 SSR. installed Corvette Servo and does my services. I know it is late notice but 4 of us are going to Clarksville tomorrow and eat at the Liberty Park Grill. Will be there at appox. 1:00. You are welcome to join us. Tell us the problems you are having. Other than what you mentioned. Text me at [email protected]

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys for the information. Will reach out to Todd's auto care. Sorry I did not get back with you all, would have loved to join.

A little about me, got my SSR in 2007, silver. Unfortunately work out of town so don't get to drive it as much as I would like. Looking forward to getting these issues resolved.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
7,343 Posts
11 years and no problems ... Chris, you must have a Rabbit's foot on your keychain, a 4 leaf clover in your glove box and a lucky penny glued on your dash. Give ole Todd a call. Bob Alexander - tennesseecozydog :ssr

·
Premium Member
'06 FPR Smokin Asphalt; '04 Ulta Violet
4,647 Posts
Chris Chatman, Welcome from Forney Texas!!! you have found the BEST FORUM ever----Consider going to "Tools" in the red banner, click on "User CP" go to "Your Profile" then click "Edit Your Details". Then, whenever you "post" it will show in the left column under your name, like the rest of us, and we will know where you are and what you drive. Then if you have a problem, someone close by might be able to help out.

Nick & Kathy

·
Slingshot Rules!
75,593 Posts
WELCOME, Chris . . . from Southern Arizona.

Good Luck on your Bumps In The Road.

! :cheers ! :00000732: ! :cheers ! :00000732: ! :cheers !

·
The Susan Lucci of ROTM
2004, lowered, custom paint
2,686 Posts
Welcome from Cincinnati! Your pretty close so we should see you in Maggie Valley right?!? nudge nudge

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
2006 Pacific Blue times 23198 & 21474
28,573 Posts
A little about me, got my SSR in 2007, silver. Unfortunately work out of town so don't get to drive it as much as I would like. Looking forward to getting these issues resolved.

Thanks!
I feel your pain. I worked the first three years I owned my :blue: and would not park it near the big trucks so I left it home and only drove it on weekends. Then came retirement. I took a week of vacation and drove to Maggie Valley so I could retire on the first day of the Rally in the Valley in 2009. Since then it has been my daily driver and it has been in 48 states and 6 Provinces in Canada. Just over 240,000 miles and still going. Look forward to meeting you down the road one day.

·
Premium Member
7,343 Posts
I feel your pain. I worked the first three years I owned my :blue: and would not park it near the big trucks so I left it home and only drove it on weekends. Then came retirement. I took a week of vacation and drove to Maggie Valley so I could retire on the first day of the Rally in the Valley in 2009. Since then it has been my daily driver and it has been in 48 states and 6 Provinces in Canada. Just over 240,000 miles and still going. Look forward to meeting you down the road one day.
My exact feelings "Blue" they're not made to set in a garage and gather dust. My hat's off to you for realizing what fun they (SSR) are to drive !!! You go BlueStreak !!! I know I've said this before ... 4 years ago my next door neighbor said "can you find me a Red SSR like yours " ??? I did (04) and now he won't drive it, keeps it covered up. The only miles he put on it, he flew to Delaware, bought it, drove it home, detailed it, went to Maggie one time and that's it. But I was like that the first few years ... not any more, finally realized what fun they are ... "Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle all the way, Oh what fun it is to ride (SSR) in a 2 seat open Slay. (SSR with the top down). Alexander out :ssr

1 - 13 of 13 Posts