Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Lady Di driver
2004 custom black and white
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a follow up to my previous post about interest in 2 wineries and Lake Placid in Central Florida.

Meet and greet at 11:30 at Magnolia St Seafood and Grill, 9 W. Magnolia St in Arcadia ( SW corner of FL 70 eastbound and US17 southbound) 863 491 6916. Parking lot is L shaped and accessible both from FL70 E and US17S. Park in rear, entrance available. Be aware as FL70 approaches Arcadia it turns into two one way streets, Magnolia going east and Hickory going west. Likewise, US17 becomes two one ways with Brevard going north and Desoto/Palmetto going south. So you may have to make some turns to get to restaurant. Parking lot is at SW corner of Magnolia and Desoto.

At 12:30 we will depart. The choice being yours. Head north to two wineries then to Lake Placid or head to Lake Placid directly or whatever each of you want to do. Arcadia to Lake Placid is about a 45 minute ride east and slightly north ( FL70E to US27N). Lake Placid is a quaint village but features over 40 painted murals on the sides of buildings scattered throughout the village. Takes a bit of time to see them all.

As for my wife and I, we are planning on heading to the two small wineries north and east of Arcadia. No tours just tastings and browsing at both. First up is Secret Gardens Winery and Farm at 8222 Josephine Rd in Sebring. 863 414-4618. A bit difficult to get to, no direct route. Will take about 45 to 50 minutes to reach. Maybe 30 minutes to complete shopping, then head east to Henscratch Farms, 980 Henscratch Rd, Lake Placid. 863 699 2060. Only takes abut 10 minutes or so to get there. Again maybe 30 minutes for shopping and tasting.

Then head east and south to Lake Placid itself along US27. About a 15 to 20 minute drive. There is a 150 foot long mural on the side of a plaza at the NE corner of US27 and CR621E (turn left at traffic light) which I think we should go and see first and have our R's parked in front for a photo opportunity. Then downtown Lake Placid is a mile or so west from that location and you can visit the stores, see the murals, etc at your own pace and time. By my estimate, if you follow the winery route, we will not arrive at Lake Placid until about 2:45 and it takes time to wander about, so I do not know how many people will stay and or how long so I am not proposing anything further at that point. There are a number of restaurants along US27 and in downtown if some people want to linger and want to have dinner.

FYI, travel times from other locations to Arcadia is about an hour from Venice, Sarasota, Bradenton with almost 2 hours from the Atlantic coast. Our plan is to leave North Port about 10:30 from exit 182 on I75, proceed 2 exits east to to Kings Highway exit (takes about 15 minutes) then head north to end of Kings, turn right, merge with FL70 and head to Arcadia arriving about 11:15 to 11:20. If anyone wants to hook up and convoy along with us, just PM me and let me know when and where.

The Magnolia Grill is aware of our visit and just needs to know the number of visitors. They will only seat a maximum of 10 at a table but can provide adjacent tables as well. But that means I need a good headcount by next Thurs eve so I can let them know and so they can be prepared. It is not a big restaurant or not fancy, but good food and variety. They do serve wine and beer, not sure about liquor. So please let me know if you will be there. Thanks. Hope to meet some new R owners and friends. See you then. Jim and Diane

·
SSR Pit Crew
12,641 Posts
Meet and Greet

SATURDAY OCT. 17TH

11:30 AM

Beef O' Brady's
1703 E. Oak Street (US70)
Arcadia, FL
863 494 9333

1. Lady Di
2. Dicktator/Kathy
3. Superheat
4. SSR Book
5. Abe's$$R
6.BSTPAPA
7. sarasotaspeeder
8.DrDj
9. Largossr05
10. Sillypuddy
11. Trygodfirst
12. LAWNMAN05
13. 6.0TOGO

·
Registered
280 Posts
We will be un able to make it I have a Saturday appointment at 9:00 am in Jupiter. Sorry Danny and Nancy

·
Premium Member
464 Posts
Ed and Debbie will be there for the Seafood, aka-Sillypuddy

·
Trygodfirst
2006 FPR SSR PAC BLUE AUTOMATIC
1,106 Posts
This is a follow up to my previous post about interest in 2 wineries and Lake Placid in Central Florida.

Meet and greet at 11:30 at Magnolia St Seafood and Grill, 9 W. Magnolia St in Arcadia ( SW corner of FL 70 eastbound and US17 southbound) 863 491 6916. Parking lot is L shaped and accessible both from FL70 E and US17S. Park in rear, entrance available. Be aware as FL70 approaches Arcadia it turns into two one way streets, Magnolia going east and Hickory going west. Likewise, US17 becomes two one ways with Brevard going north and Desoto/Palmetto going south. So you may have to make some turns to get to restaurant. Parking lot is at SW corner of Magnolia and Desoto.

At 12:30 we will depart. The choice being yours. Head north to two wineries then to Lake Placid or head to Lake Placid directly or whatever each of you want to do. Arcadia to Lake Placid is about a 45 minute ride east and slightly north ( FL70E to US27N). Lake Placid is a quaint village but features over 40 painted murals on the sides of buildings scattered throughout the village. Takes a bit of time to see them all.

As for my wife and I, we are planning on heading to the two small wineries north and east of Arcadia. No tours just tastings and browsing at both. First up is Secret Gardens Winery and Farm at 8222 Josephine Rd in Sebring. 863 414-4618. A bit difficult to get to, no direct route. Will take about 45 to 50 minutes to reach. Maybe 30 minutes to complete shopping, then head east to Henscratch Farms, 980 Henscratch Rd, Lake Placid. 863 699 2060. Only takes abut 10 minutes or so to get there. Again maybe 30 minutes for shopping and tasting.

Then head east and south to Lake Placid itself along US27. About a 15 to 20 minute drive. There is a 150 foot long mural on the side of a plaza at the NE corner of US27 and CR621E (turn left at traffic light) which I think we should go and see first and have our R's parked in front for a photo opportunity. Then downtown Lake Placid is a mile or so west from that location and you can visit the stores, see the murals, etc at your own pace and time. By my estimate, if you follow the winery route, we will not arrive at Lake Placid until about 2:45 and it takes time to wander about, so I do not know how many people will stay and or how long so I am not proposing anything further at that point. There are a number of restaurants along US27 and in downtown if some people want to linger and want to have dinner.

FYI, travel times from other locations to Arcadia is about an hour from Venice, Sarasota, Bradenton with almost 2 hours from the Atlantic coast. Our plan is to leave North Port about 10:30 from exit 182 on I75, proceed 2 exits east to to Kings Highway exit (takes about 15 minutes) then head north to end of Kings, turn right, merge with FL70 and head to Arcadia arriving about 11:15 to 11:20. If anyone wants to hook up and convoy along with us, just PM me and let me know when and where.

The Magnolia Grill is aware of our visit and just needs to know the number of visitors. They will only seat a maximum of 10 at a table but can provide adjacent tables as well. But that means I need a good headcount by next Thurs eve so I can let them know and so they can be prepared. It is not a big restaurant or not fancy, but good food and variety. They do serve wine and beer, not sure about liquor. So please let me know if you will be there. Thanks. Hope to meet some new R owners and friends. See you then. Jim and Diane
Please add TryGODfirst to this event
Diane and Scott are coming and will meet at restaurant for lunch then follow u to the wineries
Thank you

·
Premium Member
5,846 Posts
Mrs Lady Di and wine. I've heard those words before. If her wine drinking friend from Tennessee could be there she would. Have fun.

·
Premium Member
126 Posts
Joe and Donna will be there and the weather is top down high of 80, hats and sunglasses 😎 add us to lunch as well

·
Lady Di driver
2004 custom black and white
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Attention all attendees, due to high demand, the location of the meet and greet is revised. Magnolia Grill too small for our group. New location is: Beef O' Brady's
Arcadia, FL
863 494 9333

They have a room for up to 30 persons reserved for us at 11:30 this Saturday the 17th. Please make a note of the revised venue . New location is about 1/2 mile east of downtown Arcadia and FL70 and US17 interchange on the north side and set back from the road. Winn Dixie is in same plaza. See you then. Safe travels

·
Premium Member
1,126 Posts
Attention all attendees, due to high demand, the location of the meet and greet is revised. Magnolia Grill too small for our group. New location is: Beef O' Brady's
Arcadia, FL
863 494 9333

They have a room for up to 30 persons reserved for us at 11:30 this Saturday the 17th. Please make a note of the revised venue . New location is about 1/2 mile east of downtown Arcadia and FL70 and US17 interchange on the north side and set back from the road. Winn Dixie is in same plaza. See you then. Safe travels

·
SSR Pit Crew
12,641 Posts
Meet and Greet

SATURDAY OCT. 17TH
11:30 AM

Beef O' Brady's
Arcadia, FL
863 494 9333

1. Lady Di
2. Dicktator/Kathy
3. Superheat
4. SSR Book
5. Abe's$$R
6.BSTPAPA
7. sarasotaspeeder
8. Guzzi Guy
9. Largossr05
10. Sillypuddy
11. Trygodfirst
12. LAWNMAN05
13. 6.0TOGO
14. SSR Book
15. SSRFather

·
Premium Member
149 Posts

Please add Pat Waller and company to the list

1 - 20 of 42 Posts