Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,924 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello to all :seeya

I have made reservations for a meet and greet to be held in central OHIO.
:party

The date is Sunday, Sunday, Sunday July 29th @12:30

The place is: Quaker Steak and Lube (8500 Lyra Dr.Columbus Ohio 43240)

Columbus | Quaker Steak & Lube®

Anybody wanting to drive to the location is :00000732:

PLEASE REPLY BY JULY 25th

Reservations are for 12:30, so please plan to arrive by 12 to allow time for introductions.
Let me know if you will be able to attend and how many people will be with you so I can adjust the reservations. I need to let "The Lube" know by Thursday July 26th.

I look forward to seeing everyone again or for the first time!

UPDATE:
Confirmed reservations yesterday. They will have reserved parking for 12 of us on east side of building. Towards freeway I hope to be early but in case you bet me the ropes off area is for us.

I chose Quaker Stake and Lube because of the location right off of I-71 (Polaris exit #121) just north of I-270 and the visibility/access to parking.

You don't need to be a Buckeye :cheer: EVERYBODY is welcome, just let me know you are coming

Attendees
1. Autoprof - Mark & Marie (2) -- RED
2. Firetruck - Jarod & Lori (2) -- RED w/ Flames
3. Dean Brown - Dean -- Silver
4. Run Faster - Linda & James (2) -- Pac blue OR Yellow
5. HUAW - Larry & Jami (2) --- PAC BLUE
6. Medina SSR - Margo & Charlie (2) -- Black or maybe even Indy parade multi - I saw it in his garage
7. oldxr - Lisa & Dane (2) -- BLACK w/Flames
8. Lakecat - Jeff & Teresa (2) -- RED
9. Jay R -- Jay & Kay (2) --- RED
10.Studmuffin- Tim &guest (2)-- UV
11. Celeste (2)-- UV

The following members have expressed an interest - I just wanted to make sure they see this invitation
@DeanBrown, @run faster, @oldxr, @Firetruck, @HUAW, @GoldBowTie, @Medina SSR, @voodoophantom, @lakecat.
If I missed anybody or your name is not listed, :imsorry:

·
Premium Member
1,291 Posts
@Autoprof....Thank -you for the invitation on Sunday July 29th,I will be at the Adena Mansion and Gardens Car Show sponsored by the local Corvette club. Once again thank-you for the invitation.Good luck.
vp

·
Registered
188 Posts
I probably won't make it.

Autoprof, nice job getting the information posted. :thumbs
Unfortunately, I already have other plans on that date.
But if those plans change, me and Carol will be there.
I will let you know by July 25.

Two of the screen name mentions in the first post are slightly off.
runfaster should be run faster
MedinaSSR should be Medina SSR
Those members may not get notified, but I see run faster has replied.
I have been watching the Great Lakes section for this topic.

·
Premium Member
2,461 Posts
Woo Hoo! :banana
So excited about an Ohio Meet and Greet! :grin2:
HUAW (Larry) and Jami will gladly be there! Thanks Mark for taking the lead in organizing this! Really looking forward to meeting with all of you! :blue:

·
Premium Member
1,924 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Woo Hoo! :banana
So excited about an Ohio Meet and Greet! :grin2:
HUAW (Larry) and Jami will gladly be there! Thanks Mark for taking the lead in organizing this! Really looking forward to meeting with all of you! :blue:
Looking forward to meeting you as well! Woo Hoo :banana

·
Premium Member
1,924 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Autoprof, nice job getting the information posted. :thumbs
Unfortunately, I already have other plans on that date.
But if those plans change, me and Carol will be there.
I will let you know by July 25.

Two of the screen name mentions in the first post are slightly off.
runfaster should be run faster
MedinaSSR should be Medina SSR
Those members may not get notified, but I see run faster has replied.
I have been watching the Great Lakes section for this topic.
Sorry to hear this date may not work.
I hope you can find a way to make it happen!
Good catch on my member typo.

Edit
Thanks for the information about posting a thread in the Great Lakes section -- Just completed

·
Premium Member
1,924 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
@Autoprof....Thank -you for the invitation on Sunday July 29th,I will be at the Adena Mansion and Gardens Car Show sponsored by the local Corvette club. Once again thank-you for the invitation.Good luck.
vp
Voodoo - Sorry this date doesn't work for you. If you change your mind just let me know you

:puzzled: Cool AC in a nice restaurant with an opportunity to meet new SSR fanatics and see their rides in person:banana
Or
A HOT parking lot with the Corvettes taking 30-50% of the trophies, if its anything like the "Corvette club sponsored" events in my area. :pokey:

:imsorry: Just trying to promote my gathering -- Do whatever blows your skirt up, have fun at the show and best of luck.
Hopefully we can meet some other time. Do you attend any shows anywhere near Columbus?

·
Premium Member
429 Posts
Quaker gathering

I believe Margo and I (Charlie) will be making it. Thanks so much for the invite and putting it together. Looking forward to it.
How fast this year and summer are flying by. It goes faster as you get older.

·
Premium Member
1,924 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I believe Margo and I (Charlie) will be making it. Thanks so much for the invite and putting it together. Looking forward to it.
How fast this year and summer are flying by. It goes faster as you get older.
Glad to hear you can make it.:banana
Looking forward to seeing you again. YES it is hard to believe its been almost a year ago you hosted a gathering at your "Garage Mahal"

By the way I always heard

"Life is like a roll of toilet paper

Wait for it!

The closer you get to the end
the quicker is goes"

Sad but a true thought for me!

·
Premium Member
1,908 Posts
Put me (Jeff) and my wifey down (Teresa) as coming so Dane will stop bugging me...:) Glad to see another Ohio gathering and look forward to it. Thanks for taking the time to handle this....

·
Premium Member
1,924 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Put me (Jeff) and my wifey down (Teresa) as coming so Dane will stop bugging me...:) Glad to see another Ohio gathering and look forward to it. Thanks for taking the time to handle this....
Glad to hear you can make it!
I look forward to meeting you and seeing your SSR. :banana

A big thanks to Dane for the encouragement! :thumbs

·
Premium Member
1,611 Posts
VOODOO.....I’ll come by and jump start your R so you can do Columbus meet😛 I’ll miss meeting you but give those Vette guys a run for the trophy.

OLDxR

·
Premium Member
1,924 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
From Run Faster in other thread
Helping out a friend in Lebanon who is interested in the Ohio Meet and Greet.Jay R. has an 04 Redline Red. This will be his second SSR event. Jay and Kay were at the Daytona Rally in April.

Jay R WELCOME -- The more the merrier and a thank you to Jim for recruiting more attendees

We are up to 9 beautiful trucks -- with almost every color. It depends on which one Jim and Linda drive, we might still need a yellow. Just realized - Lakecats picture shows a yellow one but his member information says RED? I am confused
We are missing -- two tones (not including the flamed out ones), aqua blur and one other? :puzzled:
OH I remember, I don't think we have an Ultra violet that has committed yet! :pokey:

Just kidding VooDoo --- I agree with Dane - take one away from those corvette guys !!!

·
Premium Member
1,291 Posts
VOODOO.....I’ll come by and jump start your R so you can do Columbus meet😛 I’ll miss meeting you but give those Vette guys a run for the trophy.

OLDxR
They hold the show at Adena Mansion and Gardens (the home of Ohio's first Gov.Thomas Worthington....and the Great Seal of Ohio)

I missed the meet and greet last year in Medina because it was on the same Sunday. Have fun .

In Columbus 3 days last week my grandson was playing in the Ohio State National Baseball Tournament .

Take care Dane, wishing you all a great day and many good memories.

vp

ps..their is a lot of Vettes,several Lambo's and truck loads of classic's...but only one UV SSR...:wink2:

·
Premium Member
1,908 Posts
From Run Faster in other thread
Helping out a friend in Lebanon who is interested in the Ohio Meet and Greet.Jay R. has an 04 Redline Red. This will be his second SSR event. Jay and Kay were at the Daytona Rally in April.

Jay R WELCOME -- The more the merrier and a thank you to Jim for recruiting more attendees

We are up to 9 beautiful trucks -- with almost every color. It depends on which one Jim and Linda drive, we might still need a yellow. Just realized - Lakecats picture shows a yellow one but his member information says RED? I am confused
We are missing -- two tones (not including the flamed out ones), aqua blur and one other? :puzzled:
OH I remember, I don't think we have an Ultra violet that has committed yet! :pokey:

Just kidding VooDoo --- I agree with Dane - take one away from those corvette guys !!!
Mark.....where do you see a yellow SSR in my pic? You saw my red SSR at Vics in Medina last summer..... but ya know...memory is like toilet paper....:)

·
BlueStreak
26,745 Posts
Mark.....where do you see a yellow SSR in my pic? You saw my red SSR at Vics in Medina last summer..... but ya know...memory is like toilet paper....:)
Maybe your Avatar looks like a Yellow SSR:grin2:

1 - 20 of 40 Posts