Chevy SSR Forum banner

21 - 40 of 75 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
OK, so lets here from some of you other OHIO members (or anybody else that wants to cruise on out) lurking around. It promises to be be a good time!

·
Premium Member
2006 Pacific Blue 6 speed Custom
3,056 Posts
I'm sorry to say that Jami and I will not be able to attend on Aug. 4th. My project ends on the 26th of July and we are heading on our first road trip with our travel trailer to Ft. Benning, Ga. for a reunion there. Gives us a chance to see how our GMC Sierra with the 6.2 L pulls that 35' trailer through the mountains!

Look forward to seeing the pictures and have fun! ?

·
Premium Member
2,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I agree with Jarrod.
Sorry you can't join us, but we wish you all the best on your journey.

·
Registered
293 Posts
I think I finally figured out how to get the site up on my phone without any crashing.
Update, I was able to get the 4th off, so I will more than likely be able to drive the 5,000 feet to QSAL.

·
Premium Member
1,957 Posts
Autoprof.....We will not be able to attend as we are heading out of state to attend my niece's wedding. Shame...as I just got my Bose unit back in truck after having it rehabbed by Dragon. Haven't even had it out this year yet for a cruise....sigh.

·
BLU SSR
2,996 Posts
I think I finally figured out how to get the site up on my phone without any crashing.
Update, I was able to get the 4th off, so I will more than likely be able to drive the 5,000 feet to QSAL.
Tim, Good to hear from you!! Glad you got the site figured out enough to join in again. We don’t know if we will be back in the Midwest by then, we are still roaming the west! You guys have a good time if we don’t make it.

·
Premium Member
2,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Autoprof.....We will not be able to attend as we are heading out of state to attend my niece's wedding. Shame...as I just got my Bose unit back in truck after having it rehabbed by Dragon. Haven't even had it out this year yet for a cruise....sigh.
SORRY you can't make it, You will be missed
NO permagrin all year -- SHAME, SHAME

·
Premium Member
2,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Marie and I visited Quaker Steak & Lube for lunch yesterday

We confirmed the lunch reservations with group parking also reserved on the east side of the restaurant.
The picture shows where the reserved parking is. (same place as last year)
Note just beyond the restaurant (same street) you can see the Magic Mountain fun center -location of the 1st annual SSR Fanatic Ohio Chapter Mini Golf Open

I was also able to reserve a better area for lunch seating than we were given last year.

Anybody that has not yet committed to attend
COME ON AND JOIN US - The weather is going to be great for a topless drive.

(Not you @Firetruck -- It was requested that Jarod DOES NOT go topless )
And the manager is aware that the number of people may change somewhat

Quaker steak parking.jpg

·
RedOhio
14 Posts
Hello to all :seeya

I have made reservations for a meet and greet to be held in central OHIO.
:party

NEW THIS YEAR -- We will have an optional mini golf outing to be held at Magic Mountain Polaris less than 1/4 mile from the restaurant after lunch. They have two 18 hole courses at this location. They do not take tee times, however Marie and I went at approximately the same time this last Sunday and they were not extremely busy on the golf courses (go carts, laser tag and video games seemed to be bigger attractions). We only played one course and it was slightly over 1/2 hour. NOTE: these courses are not in the best of shape but enjoyable just the same. It cost $8.50 per round.
If there is enough participation for golf I will order up some awards - low score will be total of all 36 holes. Other award(s) will be for fun - more details after i see number participants.

The date is Sunday, Sunday, Sunday August 4th @12:00

The place is once again: Quaker Steak and Lube (8500 Lyra Dr.Columbus Ohio 43240)

http://thelube.com/locations/ohio/columbus/

Anybody wanting to drive to the location is :00000732:

PLEASE REPLY BY JULY 31st

Reservations are for 12:00, so please plan to arrive by 11:30 to allow time for introductions.
Let me know if you will be able to attend and how many people will be with you so I can adjust the reservations. I need to let "The Lube" know by Thursday August 1st. Also indicate if you are interested in the golf outing. - those not wanting to play can come watch, stay on the patio at the lube and we will return or go home. I will leave this decision up to those not playing.

I look forward to seeing everyone again or for the first time!

I chose Quaker Stake and Lube because of the location right off of I-71 (Polaris exit #121) just north of I-270 and the visibility/access to parking.

You don't need to be a Ohio Chapter member, EVERYBODY is welcome, just let me know you are coming

Attendees
1. Autoprof - Mark & Marie (2 lunch, 2 golf) -- RED
2. Firetruck - Jarod & Lori (2 Lunch & golf) - RED w/Flames
3. MicDonna - Mic & Donna (2 Lunch & golf) - Sinister - HotRod Black?
4. BATSSR - BAT & Linda (2 Lunch & golf) - RED
5. VooDooPhantom - Art & Kathy (2 Lunch & golf)- Ultra Violet
6. Marty - Marty &Dee (2 Lunch) - Black w/flames
7. HUAW - Larry (1 lunch and golf) - Pac Blue -- OUT
8. Gold Bowtie - Jim and Carol (2 lunch) - Black
9. Crane trainer and grandson (lunch and golf?) - Yellow
10. OLDXR - Dane and Guest (lunch and golf) - Black w/flames ?
11. Studmuffin (aka Slingshot smasher) - Tim & Guest (lunch and golf) - Ultra violet
12. CincySSR-Wayne (1 lunch only) Redline, OR NEWLY ACQUIRED???
13. Run Faster - Jim and Linda ( 2 Lunch only) -- Pac Blue
14. Jay & Kay -- (2 Lunch only) -- RED
15. Mac & Jannie -- ( 2 lunch & golf) -- Wanna bees

The following members have expressed an interest - I just wanted to make sure they see this invitation
@cincyssr, @run faster , @oldxr , @Firetruck , @HUAW , @GoldBowTie , @Medina SSR , @voodoophantom (note its the weekend after the car show at the mansion, @lakecat , @Studmuffin, @BATSSR, @CraneTrainer, @mjcowett,
If I missed anybody or your name is not listed: imsorry:
please be sure to notify anyone else that might be interested.
Hello to all :seeya

I have made reservations for a meet and greet to be held in central OHIO.
:party

NEW THIS YEAR -- We will have an optional mini golf outing to be held at Magic Mountain Polaris less than 1/4 mile from the restaurant after lunch. They have two 18 hole courses at this location. They do not take tee times, however Marie and I went at approximately the same time this last Sunday and they were not extremely busy on the golf courses (go carts, laser tag and video games seemed to be bigger attractions). We only played one course and it was slightly over 1/2 hour. NOTE: these courses are not in the best of shape but enjoyable just the same. It cost $8.50 per round.
If there is enough participation for golf I will order up some awards - low score will be total of all 36 holes. Other award(s) will be for fun - more details after i see number participants.

The date is Sunday, Sunday, Sunday August 4th @12:00

The place is once again: Quaker Steak and Lube (8500 Lyra Dr.Columbus Ohio 43240)

http://thelube.com/locations/ohio/columbus/

Anybody wanting to drive to the location is :00000732:

PLEASE REPLY BY JULY 31st

Reservations are for 12:00, so please plan to arrive by 11:30 to allow time for introductions.
Let me know if you will be able to attend and how many people will be with you so I can adjust the reservations. I need to let "The Lube" know by Thursday August 1st. Also indicate if you are interested in the golf outing. - those not wanting to play can come watch, stay on the patio at the lube and we will return or go home. I will leave this decision up to those not playing.

I look forward to seeing everyone again or for the first time!

I chose Quaker Stake and Lube because of the location right off of I-71 (Polaris exit #121) just north of I-270 and the visibility/access to parking.

You don't need to be a Ohio Chapter member, EVERYBODY is welcome, just let me know you are coming

Attendees
1. Autoprof - Mark & Marie (2 lunch, 2 golf) -- RED
2. Firetruck - Jarod & Lori (2 Lunch & golf) - RED w/Flames
3. MicDonna - Mic & Donna (2 Lunch & golf) - Sinister - HotRod Black?
4. BATSSR - BAT & Linda (2 Lunch & golf) - RED
5. VooDooPhantom - Art & Kathy (2 Lunch & golf)- Ultra Violet
6. Marty - Marty &Dee (2 Lunch) - Black w/flames
7. HUAW - Larry (1 lunch and golf) - Pac Blue -- OUT
8. Gold Bowtie - Jim and Carol (2 lunch) - Black
9. Crane trainer and grandson (lunch and golf?) - Yellow
10. OLDXR - Dane and Guest (lunch and golf) - Black w/flames ?
11. Studmuffin (aka Slingshot smasher) - Tim & Guest (lunch and golf) - Ultra violet
12. CincySSR-Wayne (1 lunch only) Redline, OR NEWLY ACQUIRED???
13. Run Faster - Jim and Linda ( 2 Lunch only) -- Pac Blue
14. Jay & Kay -- (2 Lunch only) -- RED
15. Mac & Jannie -- ( 2 lunch & golf) -- Wanna bees

The following members have expressed an interest - I just wanted to make sure they see this invitation
@cincyssr, @run faster , @oldxr , @Firetruck , @HUAW , @GoldBowTie , @Medina SSR , @voodoophantom (note its the weekend after the car show at the mansion, @lakecat , @Studmuffin, @BATSSR, @CraneTrainer, @mjcowett,
If I missed anybody or your name is not listed: imsorry:
please be sure to notify anyone else that might be interested.
Nancy and I would like to come and play mini golf if it's not too late to sign up.

21 - 40 of 75 Posts