Chevy SSR Forum banner

41 - 60 of 75 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Depending on my lazy butt getting my new Nav unit installed we may attend...BUT....have a Jury Summons that may interfere as it’s from Florida? Looking like another trip south
Oldxr
Are you going to make Sunday.
I am looking forward to seeing the new interior.

·
Premium Member
1,701 Posts
No going to make it this time, have company for the weekend and again next weekend so I’ll miss that gathering as well. After that I’m gone for three weeks to my farm! Hopefully I can just cruise down and see you guys before 2020?

·
The Susan Lucci of ROTM
2004, lowered, custom paint
1,916 Posts
Marie and I visited Quaker Steak & Lube for lunch yesterday

We confirmed the lunch reservations with group parking also reserved on the east side of the restaurant.
The picture shows where the reserved parking is. (same place as last year)
Note just beyond the restaurant (same street) you can see the Magic Mountain fun center -location of the 1st annual SSR Fanatic Ohio Chapter Mini Golf Open

I was also able to reserve a better area for lunch seating than we were given last year.

Anybody that has not yet committed to attend
COME ON AND JOIN US - The weather is going to be great for a topless drive.

(Not you @Firetruck -- It was requested that Jarod DOES NOT go topless )
And the manager is aware that the number of people may change somewhat

View attachment 565733
Who requested I can't be topless!?! I want names.... Heads will roll! Wait.... Nevermind... It was Lori.... Sorry....:LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hello to all :seeya

I have made reservations for a meet and greet to be held in central OHIO.
:party

NEW THIS YEAR -- We will have an optional mini golf outing to be held at Magic Mountain Polaris less than 1/4 mile from the restaurant after lunch. They have two 18 hole courses at this location. They do not take tee times, however Marie and I went at approximately the same time this last Sunday and they were not extremely busy on the golf courses (go carts, laser tag and video games seemed to be bigger attractions). We only played one course and it was slightly over 1/2 hour. NOTE: these courses are not in the best of shape but enjoyable just the same. It cost $8.50 per round.
If there is enough participation for golf I will order up some awards - low score will be total of all 36 holes. Other award(s) will be for fun - more details after i see number participants.

The date is Sunday, Sunday, Sunday August 4th @12:00

The place is once again: Quaker Steak and Lube (8500 Lyra Dr.Columbus Ohio 43240)

http://thelube.com/locations/ohio/columbus/

Anybody wanting to drive to the location is :00000732:

PLEASE REPLY BY JULY 31st

Reservations are for 12:00, so please plan to arrive by 11:30 to allow time for introductions.
Let me know if you will be able to attend and how many people will be with you so I can adjust the reservations. I need to let "The Lube" know by Thursday August 1st. Also indicate if you are interested in the golf outing. - those not wanting to play can come watch, stay on the patio at the lube and we will return or go home. I will leave this decision up to those not playing.

I look forward to seeing everyone again or for the first time!

I chose Quaker Stake and Lube because of the location right off of I-71 (Polaris exit #121) just north of I-270 and the visibility/access to parking.

You don't need to be a Ohio Chapter member, EVERYBODY is welcome, just let me know you are coming

Attendees
1. Autoprof - Mark & Marie (2 lunch, 2 golf) -- RED
2. Firetruck - Jarod & Lori (2 Lunch & golf) - RED w/Flames
3. MicDonna - Mic & Donna (2 Lunch & golf) - Sinister - HotRod Black?
4. BATSSR - BAT & Linda (2 Lunch & golf) - RED
5. VooDooPhantom - Art & Kathy (2 Lunch & golf)- Ultra Violet
6. Marty - Marty &Dee (2 Lunch) - Black w/flames
7. HUAW - Larry (1 lunch and golf) - Pac Blue -- OUT
8. Gold Bowtie - Jim and Carol (2 lunch) - Black
9. Crane trainer and grandson (lunch and golf?) - Yellow
10. OLDXR - Dane and Guest (lunch and golf) - Black w/flames ?
11. Studmuffin (aka Slingshot smasher) - Tim & Guest (lunch and golf) - Ultra violet
12. CincySSR-Wayne (1 lunch only) Redline, OR NEWLY ACQUIRED???
13. Run Faster - Jim and Linda ( 2 Lunch only) -- Pac Blue
14. Jay & Kay -- (2 Lunch only) -- RED
15. Mac & Jannie -- ( 2 lunch & golf) -- Wanna bees
16. MJcowett - Mike & Nancy (2 lunch & golf) RED

The following members have expressed an interest - I just wanted to make sure they see this invitation
@cincyssr, @run faster , @oldxr , @Firetruck , @HUAW , @GoldBowTie , @Medina SSR , @voodoophantom (note its the weekend after the car show at the mansion, @lakecat , @Studmuffin, @BATSSR, @CraneTrainer, @mjcowett,
If I missed anybody or your name is not listed: imsorry:
please be sure to notify anyone else that might be interested.
T Goodman Terry & Lori (2 lunch only) Yellow

·
Premium Member
2,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
TROPHIES arrived

I have two 2 trophies to be awarded to the top Male and Female golfer on Sunday.

What constitutes "The Top" has yet to be determined. But I resisted the idea of low score.
Instead I am going to pick a secret number in advance. The top will be the golfer that scores closest to that number (yes you can go over).
Ties will be highest score on 18th hole, then lowest on 17th hole, then highest on 16, etc........ because I know the numbers, I will not be competing.
20190802_205543.jpg

·
The Susan Lucci of ROTM
2004, lowered, custom paint
1,916 Posts
Fresh back off the road from Columbus! Awesome get together... Thank you Mark and Marie! 13 trucks plus MicDonna (SSRless because they needed a four seater) in attendence. Marty and Dee had a little overheating issue quickly resolved with the autoprof's help. Fingers crossed they made it home ok. Good food at the Quaker steak and then it was game on at Magic Mountain for mini golf. Congrats to Bat and Linda (Mrs Bat) on winning both men's and women's division and taking their hood ornaments/trophys back home to Dayton. Your long distance award winner was @CraneTrainer's grandson visiting from Washington State. Hartley was a nice well behaved young man. So thanks again @Autoprof... Until next time!

1 & 2) truck line up
3) autoprof in his best golf hat
4) Bat and Linda with their hardware
5) Hartley with Grandpa's truck

·
Premium Member
2006 Pacific Blue 6 speed Custom
3,039 Posts
Looks like an AWESOME time! Sure wish I wasn't SSR-Less but I know I was welcomed anyways! Hopefully for the next Ohio Chapter I'll have another "R"!

·
Premium Member
5,118 Posts
Fresh back off the road from Columbus! Awesome get together... Thank you Mark and Marie! 13 trucks plus MicDonna (SSRless because they needed a four seater) in attendence. Marty and Dee had a little overheating issue quickly resolved with the autoprof's help. Fingers crossed they made it home ok. Good food at the Quaker steak and then it was game on at Magic Mountain for mini golf. Congrats to Bat and Linda (Mrs Bat) on winning both men's and women's division and taking their hood ornaments/trophys back home to Dayton. Your long distance award winner was @CraneTrainer's grandson visiting from Washington State. Hartley was a nice well behaved young man. So thanks again @Autoprof... Until next time!

1 & 2) truck line up
3) autoprof in his best golf hat
4) Bat and Linda with their hardware
5) Hartley with Grandpa's truck
View attachment 565909 View attachment 565910 View attachment 565911 View attachment 565913 View attachment 565914
a
Good looking group. Glad you all had fun .Also good golf form. LOL

·
Premium Member
2,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
@Firetruck thank you taking and posting all of those great pictures

I am happy that everyone seemed to have a fun time. It made the time I spent all worthwhile.

I hope that everyone made it home safely, I have not yet heard from @Marty, but I am sure as capable as he is, if he did have more problems he solved them. Hopefully he will chime in to make us feel at ease.

Thank you all who attended to make this event a success. If I didn't thank you personally for attending.
I am sorry, you are the ones that make it successful, I only plan it.

·
Ms Donna's Driver
04’ Silver and 05’ Sinister
3,889 Posts
We did make it home finally. The girls had to eat again and take another P break

Donna and I enjoyed spending the afternoon with the Ohio chapter group. Mark even made us honorary members :)

·
Premium Member
2,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
@Firetruck thank you taking and posting all of those great pictures

I hope that everyone made it home safely, I have not yet heard from @Marty, but I am sure as capable as he is, if he did have more problems he solved them. Hopefully he will chime in to make us feel at ease.
I received a PM (conversation) from Marty -- He made it home yesterday without any more issues!

41 - 60 of 75 Posts