Chevy SSR Forum banner

41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
SSR Pit Crew
12,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
OK, Alex and Cheryl aka Largossr05 broke down in Bartow.

Fuel pump went out!

Ironically, Alex replace fuel pump 3 months ago just a bad unit I guess.

Rental Car, tow on roll back to Andy's Garage, pretty expensive fuel pump.

05 SSR had recall by GM on fuel pump.

It is being fixed tomorrow.

Dicktator

·
Premium Member
521 Posts
Thanks for your reply Dictator, hope to see you and Cheryl at the next gathering Alex. Hope you didn't buy that fuel pump at auto zone or some place like that.

Phantomguy
Of Course I did...LOL....now this one is a Delphi and is supposed to have a life time warranty. I wonder how long that is?

LargoSSR05

·
Premium Member
521 Posts

Fuel pump went out!

Dicktator
The breakdown made for a long hot day for sure. Luckily we didn't have to rent from that company who picks you up as when we called them they said 'sure we'll rent you a car but you need to pick it up at the Tampa airport.' How stupid is that!

·
Premium Member
521 Posts

Fuel pump went out!

Dicktator
The following day began at AMP Automotive with Andrew Pesche the owner who we've worked with in the past and is just a overall good guy to take your SSR to. Many stories to tell there including the one where we took a complete top of Dictators and put it on a rolled over SSR who claimed it was his baby......etc. Anyway we check the fuse box, power through the relay and could hear the pump running in the tank. Fuel rail gauge and tank we hooked up had fumes only coming through so what else but the pump malfunctioning. Sure enough, after the install on the new one on the now running SSR, the culprit was a small diaphragm we're pretty sure was the culprit. That pump is now a memory!

41 - 47 of 47 Posts