Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Starting to see and meet SSR owners. Met the owner of a 2003 redline SSR at my Chevy dealer last night and hope to meet another owner tonight. Met a owner in Las Vegas over the weekend. My dealer plans on getting another Smoken Asphalt SSR into his showroom in two weeks, so there should be another owner in the area soon. The owner I met last night has had her hood soundproofing crack in the same place mine has cracked. This seems to be a common problem, but no one seems to be mentioning it? I'm the best salesperson my dealer could ask for. I must have spent an hour showing off my SSR in the lot. Really have nothing bad to say about the truck. Everyone compliments it where ever I go. What other vehicle can you drive where people in Fords, Dodges, Porches, and etc. give you a thumbs up as they go by? In my area it's usually a finger, nice change....

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Fred: This really should be in the technical forum in regards to the soundproofing crack. Are you referring to the cushioning material in the box where the top is stored when down or what? I have two splits on either side of this cushion type of material at the base of the box where the top is stored.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Cruzned,

Sorry to confuse you. I'm talking about the soundproofing under the hood. This section is held on with four plastic buttons and is above the motor. I think the four buttons aren't enough support and the unit is flexing and finally cracking. I have read posts refering to where the top compartment is showing cracks, but the is the motor compartment. Thanks for your reply, Fred

·
Registered
4,175 Posts
I have met LLOGER and Fred Edick, its Great talking to other owners.
Maybe 1 of these Saturdays morning, in the San Gabriel Valley Area, we can meet at the Glendora Classic Auto Gallery. They have new Coffee shop next door, and are promoting a free Saturday Morning Cruise 6am to 10am in Old Town Glendora. Went last weekend, lots of Old cars and Coffee. Just another reason to go crusing....:)

·
Premium Member
2,251 Posts
Sounds like fun Rick. Just as long as its not July 10th. I plan on going down to Coddington's Hot Rod Shop.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts