Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Happy Memorial Day to all the SSRFanatics out there and especially our past and present members of the Military (which after all is what this weekend is supposed to be about).

Now let's get out there with the top down!

Rick :flag

·
Registered
541 Posts
Not to be too picky....

...but Memorial Day is to remember those that have made the ultimate sacrifice.

Veterans Day is to honor all those that served.

Diggs

P.S. On a side note, my wife and I did the Rolling Thunder ride again today. After getting into DC, we went to the World War II memorial. What a powerful place. Not on the same level of powerfulness as the Vietnam Veterans Memorial, but still...
The high school my wife went to before we got married (Alexandria, IN) raised money to send a World War II vet to the official opening yesterday. We had read about it in her weekly hometown newspaper. While we were walking around at the memorial today, she saw an old man in a WWII uniform. When she caught up to him, it was Captain Henry Brown, the same man her school had sent. He was wearing the dress uniform from 1944. It still fits. He was in charge of the mail that went with the troops at Omaha Beach. He was a mailman in her hometown for many years. She introduced herself and told him her mother's name. He knew the address!! It was very humbling meeting this man.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts