Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I went to exit my SSR today I noticed that the window seemed to pop out of the weather strip. Upon closing the door I then notice the window hadn't dropped the quarter inch when opening the door. I got back into the SSR and ran the window down then up and it seemed to be fine once again? Later in the day my wife and I went out to eat and when she exited her window did the same thing. I ran the window down and back up and it seems to be working properly? Obviously this is a memory problem as both doors malfunctioned. This certainly can be an ugly problem to resolve? I've had my door act up a few times in the past, but felt it was due to raising the window fully while door open to clean it, but maybe that isn't the case after all? Oh well, too early to panic, anyone else experiencing this type of dilemma?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Hmmmm...

Hey Fred, I was sitting in my SSR the other day thinking of somewhere to go when I decided to try to sneak out my door without the window moving. As quickly as I could move, the window was faster, so I just went for a drive. I dont know if this story helps, but I feel better..... Take care... John...

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
FreddyKaye said:
Hey Fred, I was sitting in my SSR the other day thinking of somewhere to go when I decided to try to sneak out my door without the window moving. As quickly as I could move, the window was faster, so I just went for a drive. I dont know if this story helps, but I feel better..... Take care... John...
Think you need to get a life, but I have to admit I've driven my SSR home, after a long drive, and decided to keep on driving once I was home. Glad you feel better though....

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Digital,

Sounds better than FreddyKaye's advice, I'll have a look at the latch and see what's going on? I read the post and it's a little confusing as to where to put the screwdriver? Freddykaye, don't write me back telling where to put the screwdriver please......

·
Registered
407 Posts
i find that every once in awhile if i open the door too fast it affects the window down memory. pull the handle and wait a fraction of a sec and the window always works.....

and as you say, if need be do the window up and down thing and that is also a fix.....

·
Registered
137 Posts
Come on, FreddyKaye, tell Fred where to put the screwdriver. :lol ;)

·
Registered
579 Posts
Why Is the Programming Lapsing?

Reprograming the window is great but why is the program lapsing? Does this happen when the battery gets low? It seems that this should not just happen on it's own. :confused

Maybe we should all chip in and hire Jim G. to investigate and resolve these types of issues. :thumbs :lol

Anyway, I just lost my train of thought. I guess there is more than one type of memory lapse. :lol

:seeya E :seeya

Orange SSR :ssr

1 - 9 of 9 Posts