Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No matter what fob or key I use when I get in it says Driver #2 on the DIC, How do I change this? I have done the memory #1 thing then it says #1 but when I get in the car later it says #2 again... :cuss Thanks in advance.

·
OP
8,226 Posts
That's weird

Try setting fob and DIC #1, then lock SSR with Fob, wait a few seconds or so and then unlock with Fob 1 to test.

If that doesn't fix it, then ????????????????

·
Premium Member
1,070 Posts
I set mine so when I put the key in the ignition it goes to my prefered seat setting, instead of using the Key fob.

GR

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Ok here is how I remember it works.

• The keys themselves are not coded and have nothing to do with selecting driver 1 or 2.
  • Using only a key, any key, will cause Driver 1 settings to be resumed.
  • Key fobs have either the number 1 or 2 on the back of them. Using fob 1 to unlock the door causes the SSR to select the settings for driver 1. Fob 2 selects driver 2. Which driver was set will be announced in the DIC when the key is turned.
  • Per driver settings will be saved depending on which driver was announced in the DIC.

Settings that are resumed when a key fob unlocks the door include; seat, mirrors, radio settings, what else I don't remember.

Oh, Don't expect the seat settings to be saved if the truck is in motion when they are saved. Also, while unlikely, it is possible for the truck to be programmed where it thinks fob 2 is 1 and 1 is 2. If this seems to be the case, see the dealer to have it fixed.

·
Banned
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OK, I will try unlocking it with my Fob #1 and see what happens. What you say might be true because the dealer LOST the original #1 Fob. They had to order a new one from parts then I had to bring the car back :cuss to have it programmed to the car. Maybe the tech keyed both fobs to #2. That would be my luck however.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts