Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay - I finally got a chance to take a look at the March run. I'm booked up with work stuff for pieces of most weekends until the 25th. So I'm thinking we could leave Houston (IHOP at Highway 6 and 290) at about 9:00 AM and should get there easy by 11:00 - 11:30. There is a beautifu B&B there, but they run about $150 - $299 a night with possibly a two night minimum. (The $299 ones are the ones with the whirlpools.) But this could be an easy day trip as well.

I figure after the lunch and the winery tour - we could head back or go to the George Bush library at A&M

The restaurant is also excellent and, if we have enough folks, we might get a group rate. I emailed them and here is their response. - LET ME KNOW IF YOU"RE COMING....

Yes, that would be wonderful! It's really funny, I was just thinking about that kind of car earlier today!

What time do you think you'll be arriving? The Private Tour times we have are 10am, 11:45am, 1:30pm, 3:15pm, and 4:45pm. We also have Regular Tours at 11am, 12:30pm, 2:30pm, 4pm, and 5:30pm. The Private Tours are $7 per person, and the Regular Tours are $5 per person. The tour and tasting are the same, the Private ones are just private.

For a lunch your size we normally do group menus (which I have attached for you to look over), or you could order off the normal restaurant menu, but only one check will be provided for any table over 6. Let me know what you had in mind. It would go a little faster with a group menu, but the regular restaurant menu would be available if you so desire.

The Villa Bed and Breakfast has 6 rooms left, and it might be possible to give you a one night stay only, but we won't be able to tell you for sure until the beginning of March. We prefer two night stays, but we may be able to work something out with your group.

Please, let me know a little more information about your trip. I look forward to working with you! Thanks!

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Honestly, Cari & I would probably make this a day trip. We are still excited about going, so count us in on the run and tour, even dinner.Thanks for putting this together Houtex, you are our Hero!

John

·
OP
8,226 Posts
Dates

What date? I will be there the weekend of the 25th for a conference for my wife, so I could meet up with you guys if that's the weekend.

·
Premium Member
3,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OP said:
What date? I will be there the weekend of the 25th for a conference for my wife, so I could meet up with you guys if that's the weekend.
Sorry - yes, the 25th.

·
Premium Member
3,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Okay - I'm not hearing anything.......... So far just John and Cari have chimed in.

·
OP
8,226 Posts
me

I'll be there in College Station that weekend and can meet ya'll, hell while my wife is in her meeting, I might even head on down to 290 and look for ya'll.
We are not staying at the Messina Hof but ARE willing to drink, oh and eat...
So, we will see you there.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Hey OP! Glad you can make it. Let's try to recruit Jim in Austin to come over for this. See ya later.

John

·
OP
8,226 Posts
sent

pfisterlevel said:
Hey OP! Glad you can make it. Let's try to recruit Jim in Austin to come over for this. See ya later.

John
done and done! It's up to him now.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Let's recap the meeting place. Is it still the IHOP at 290 & Hwy 6 at 9:00AM Saturday March 13th? Just want to be sure. I hear Houtex is buying everyone breakfast. NOT!

John

·
Premium Member
2,148 Posts
Howdy,
What day & month is the College Station gathering? My son is at A&M and might go and visit him the same weekend.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Romantic B&B

If anyone is looking for a secluded romantic B&B in College Station. You might want to look into the 7F Lodge. It is a wonderful place. THe owner even has an SSR.

·
Premium Member
3,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
SSRLRT said:
If anyone is looking for a secluded romantic B&B in College Station. You might want to look into the 7F Lodge. It is a wonderful place. THe owner even has an SSR.
Good tip - especially since the Messina Hof B&B (although a beautiful place) wants a two night minimum on the weekend.

1 - 20 of 82 Posts