Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In checking out the 30-50s vehicles I'm drawn to, I'm digging the look of the metal trim at the center of the hood. Anyone out there ever seen this on the SSR? Or any ideas where I would be able to get a trim similar to the ones shown here that can be custom to the SSR?

Attachments

·
RedHotSSR
605 Posts
Yes

In checking out the 30-50s vehicles I'm drawn to, I'm digging the look of the metal trim at the center of the hood. Anyone out there ever seen this on the SSR? Or any ideas where I would be able to get a trim similar to the ones shown here that can be custom to the SSR?
I have seen a FORUM Member SSR from / in Germany that modified the profile of the hood and created this look. Not sure when this was BUT it can be done.

"Long may you run":grin2:

·
Premium Member
726 Posts
There is a chrome plastic molding that's made as a side trim.It's flat and pliable.If I remember right,it's about 1/2"-3/4" wide.It would work,I think,for this trim piece. Look on Amazon or ebay.

·
Premium Member
446 Posts
The SoCal hot rod shops have the stainless hood trim as do Bob Drake and Dennis Carpenter who supply a lot of aftermarket trim pieces. There are other suppliers for Chevrolet that do the same and you can find them on the net. Matching the curve on the hood will take a bit of searching to find a suitable piece as nothing will be exact. Most if not all trim will be stainless that is polished and can be carefully bent to fit. The center piece on the 40 or 41 Ford is a two piece unit. A long flat piece and a curved piece. The flat piece may be long enough to use and has one end that is “finished”. The trim is attached with spring clips that require a small drilled hole on all the pre-sixties cars. If you look I’m sure you will find what will work. If drill holes in the hood doesn’t appeal to you I’m sure you could use automotive trim tape modified to work. Another alternative would be to see what an an auto trim shop like Trim Line would have.

·
BAD BOW TIE
11,039 Posts
Funny how things change. In the 50's that was the first thing we took off and filled the crease and holes before painting. It was called "NOSED" on the hood and "DECKED" on the trunk. Good luck with what you want.

Reactions: Roofwalker
1 - 5 of 5 Posts