Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It appears that our Michigan Chapter members are either hibernating or just getting old and/or lazy!:surprise:

Let's have a "check-in" and see how many still have their SSR's here in Michigan and might be interested in making some runs this coming season.

I'll kick this off--

HarleyGuy, Pinckney.

·
Premium Member
6,332 Posts
It appears that our Michigan Chapter members are either hibernating or just getting old and/or lazy!:surprise:

Let's have a "check-in" and see how many still have their SSR's here in Michigan and might be interested in making some runs this coming season.

I'll kick this off--

HarleyGuy, Pinckney.
ttt

:black::smile2:

·
SSR Pit Crew
1,674 Posts
I think if I was a snowbird, I'd HAVE to have an SSR in both locations. Living at my second home at the perfect time of the year to live there and not have an SSR would be torture for me. Opening the sunroof and rolling down the windows of my suv just wouldn't hack it IMO.

Dave

·
Ralph and Ruth
877 Posts
What do you mean by "runs"?

Greg/Gina Ann Arbor
A "run" is where we gather as a group and tour the countryside "en masse". One of the longer Michigan runs was organized by Glen and Elizabeth (Harley Guy), and we did the complete outer edge of the upper peninsula. This particular run obviously took several days, but shorter runs were led by other members and included an apple orchard run in the fall, the tunnel of trees, etc. All were great! Although we live in NE Indiana, we were "adopted" by Hot Rod Girl years ago and are proud Michigan "foster children". Always up for a "run".

·
Premium Member
2,056 Posts
One of the longest "runs" organized was the trip when we all met up in Columbine Springs, CO and traveled in a group to the 2011 International Rally in Flagstaff, AZ. We left Columbine Springs and drove up Mt. Evans, at the time it was the highest paved road in the US. Then across Colorado to Moab, UT. We then then spent 3 days in southern Utah visiting all the National Parks in the area including Arches, Canyon Lands, Natural Bridges, Capitol Reef, Staircase, Bryce Canyon, Cedar Breaks, Zion Canyon, North Rim of the Grand Canyon, up Monument Valley then back down Monument Valley, then to Flagstaff. Had a great time. We also did the leaf & lighthouse tour with you Michiganers in 2010 that Quest mentioned in the above post. Both of the were organized by Glen & Elizabeth (Harleyguy). That one ended on a sour note for Dee & I. On the last day of that trip, Dee fell over my shoes in the motel at Escanaba, MI. She went by ambulance back up to the hospital in Marquette, MI to get a metal rod placed in her left leg. As soon as she came out of surgery, I drove our SSR back to Kansas City and our two daughters drove back up to Marquette in Dee's Maurano so she could ride in the back seat with her leg stretched out across. Except for that last part we had a great time. I hope if you all have any "runs" similar to this please keep me in mind. Kenny Thomas - SSR051- Parkville, MO.

·
Premium Member
6,332 Posts
One of the longest "runs" organized was the trip when we all met up in Columbine Springs, CO and traveled in a group to the 2011 International Rally in Flagstaff, AZ. We left Columbine Springs and drove up Mt. Evans, at the time it was the highest paved road in the US. Then across Colorado to Moab, UT. We then then spent 3 days in southern Utah visiting all the National Parks in the area including Arches, Canyon Lands, Natural Bridges, Capitol Reef, Staircase, Bryce Canyon, Cedar Breaks, Zion Canyon, North Rim of the Grand Canyon, up Monument Valley then back down Monument Valley, then to Flagstaff. Had a great time. We also did the leaf & lighthouse tour with you Michiganers in 2010 that Quest mentioned in the above post. Both of the were organized by Glen & Elizabeth (Harleyguy). That one ended on a sour note for Dee & I. On the last day of that trip, Dee fell over my shoes in the motel at Escanaba, MI. She went by ambulance back up to the hospital in Marquette, MI to get a metal rod placed in her left leg. As soon as she came out of surgery, I drove our SSR back to Kansas City and our two daughters drove back up to Marquette in Dee's Maurano so she could ride in the back seat with her leg stretched out across. Except for that last part we had a great time. I hope if you all have any "runs" similar to this please keep me in mind. Kenny Thomas - SSR051- Parkville, MO.
Yes Kenny. those were the SSR days! As us older owners can say! :grouphug

·
Proud Original Owner
17,932 Posts
:rock:Kenny, that 2011 International Rally, Flagstaff, AZ tour was probably the most fun road trip I ever was on! We all had such a great time and it gave us so many great memories!
I'd do that trip again with that group in a heartbeat!! Glen & Elizabeth were such great tour leaders!
:director:

·
Charlie & Pat
411 Posts
Charlie® & Pat are still kicking, but I don't check the site as much as I used to. We'd be interested in hearing about any planned runs. I'll TRY to stay out of U of M Hospital long enough to go. GBG

·
SSR FAMILY MEMBER
1,611 Posts
Fun runs !!!

[HI everyone. Well it is the half way time of winter in Michigan and our SSR is still in the garage under cover. We also have some problems with the transmission that will have to be seen to before we get it on the road.:crying: anyway we are still at home and waiting for the call to take in the SSR to be FIXED. Sure can't wait to see all of you again. Till then stay safe.....

·
Registered
31 Posts
Michigan

Tom & Lvnn Commerce Township new members last year.Met a few people at Bakers of Milford hope to meet other members.

·
Premium Member
6,332 Posts

I'll kick this off--

HarleyGuy, Pinckney.
ttt Maybe we can get something going again Michigan? 0:)

·
Premium Member
511 Posts
Hey, Glen, Marty and I really miss those days. Talk about all the fun we had a lot.
We are in FL from Oct. to May when we head for MV and then home.

If you get something going during the summer, we will probably show up.
Miss you and Elizabeth and Dave and Joyce and of course the rest of MI group.
We do spend time with a few of of the old gang who spend their winters in FL.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts