Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Senior Privileged Member
4,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When Mike Moro sent me one of his auxiliary fan kits, he also sent one of his new air dam / spoilers, and what a winner it is.

It is REALLY hard to photograph an air dam spolier on an SSR, as it gets lost in the shadows under the vehicle unless you get plenty of direct light on it. Keeping that in mid, take a look at the photos below, and look at the SHAPE.

This spoiler actually has a lip on its entire lower edge that helps to capture the air hitting it, and directs it upward into the radiator area. The remainder of the spolier is sized to fit right where the factory spolier goes, but it is so much nicer than the crude factory piece that it is like comparing a fine tool to a discount store tool.

It even mounts using the exact same mounting pins as the factory one, and yes, it is fully compatible with mike's auxiliary fan mount (my SSR has both the auxiliary fan and the spoiler mounted on it in the photos below).

Here's the best part: It costs LESS than the crappy factory one!! (It costs only $30!)

In fact, if anyone out there damages or loses their factory one, they should as a prudent finaical move, as well as a beautification move, buy Mike's replacement one!

The shape of Mike's spoiler is so perrrrrfect for the shape of the SSR.

Looks to me like another winner, Mike. Hope you have a BIG emailbox and a big voicemail box, because you are going to need them to handle the orders for this puppy.

Take a look at the photos guys, and then shoot mIke an order. This one's a no-brainer.

Attachments

·
Supporting SSR Hobbyist
10,268 Posts
Thanks Jim

Rebel had a lot to do with inspiring the contours.

You are right about trying to photograph that part. It tends to blend in with the curved shadows under the truck. Reference the attached photos.

I appreciate your encouraging words.

Mike

Attachments

·
Premium Member
542 Posts
Air Dam

MIKE, I JUST PM'D YOU ABOUT AN AUXILIARY FAN KIT. I WAS WONDERING IS YOUR NEW AIR DAM COMPATIBLE WITH THE 3G FRONT SPOILER? I WAS THINKING ABOUT GETTING ONE OF THEIR SPOILER.:seeya

·
Premium Member
17,317 Posts
When do you think the "Mike's latest Additions" Catalogue will come out?

:thumbs

·
Registered
53 Posts
The front air dam is one of the things I like the LEAST about my SSR. So, I am ready to swap, NOW.

Who/how/where do I order one of the these things?

·
Supporting SSR Hobbyist
10,268 Posts
Here's the deal....

You send me a PM with your shipping address, phone # (for fedex) and a regular email so I can notify you when it ships. That will put you on the spreadsheet. After you have the part in your hands, you mail me a check to the remittance address on the installation notes. That takes my stress to "perform" out of the equation. I take everything to the shipper on Saturday mornings. Good excuse to use the :ssr .

Regards,

Mike

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
I'm saving my pennies to buy both the air dam and the fan kit. Hope the penny jar fills up fast!!!:rolleyes:

·
Registered
631 Posts
Absolutely gorgeous!

Sometimes subtle generates more looks than flashy, as it should. Very nice look you've achieved.:seeya

·
Premium Member
1,890 Posts
I have installed aux. fan kit ,air dam / spoiler and mirror arrows on both of my SSR . Mike has done a GREAT JOB . Hope the Compass / Temp. Rear View Mirrors will be available soon . :seeya Kay

·
Registered
357 Posts
installed the lower air dam Mike sent. First look says "much better". I'm sure its function is better than the factory piece also. Thanks Mike!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts