Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm interested in Mike's exhaust tips. I've read a number of post about how the tips change the sound of the trucks. I'm just curious, does anyone have a before and after installation sound clip of Mike's tips? If so, would you please post it?

Thanks, wizzr.

·
Premium Member
2006 S/C Silver & 2006 Pac Blue 6spd
1,005 Posts
Don’t have access to my clip at the moment, but I’ll say this... IMO: The OEM tips have a crisp sound, a bit of a crackle. The 4” magnaflow tips (that I had on for about a day) sounded deeper. Mike’s have an even deeper sound and with the magnaflow muffler, it burbles off throttle. As you step up in diameter, you get a bit more bass. They fill the rear facisa very nicely and look like they should have been there from the start.

I have mine so the tips are just inside the outer conture of the rear facia. I love them.

If nobody posts a clip by the weekend, I’ll put mine up. I should have roughly side by side comparisons, just gotta dig around on the server.

·
Ralph and Ruth
2004 SSR
893 Posts
Appearance

Plus, the looks alone are worth the installation. As I was returning to my R in a parking lot, I heard one teen say to his friend " Holy s##t, did you see the exhaust on that beast?".

·
BAD BOW TIE
11,046 Posts
The exhaust shop mgr, summed up the look and sound in two words: "that's sick!" I agree.

Dave

Maybe please explain what you don't like about them. I have them and love them as most others do. Confused!!!

·
BAD BOW TIE
11,046 Posts
in this case, sick = bad ass

Never heard that term used before. Guess I am getting so old I need an interpreter. Kind of like "COOL" and "HOT" means the same thing. Depends who you are talking to and there age. Ha! Ha! Thanks.

Reactions: pug man

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Augie... go hang out at the biker rallye there in Sturgis. You'll hear all kinds of "new" terms. LOL!

·
Premium Member
1,005 Posts
I'm interested in Mike's exhaust tips. I've read a number of post about how the tips change the sound of the trucks. I'm just curious, does anyone have a before and after installation sound clip of Mike's tips? If so, would you please post it?

Thanks, wizzr.
I've got three MOV files, stock, magnaflow catback w/ 4in tips and Mike's tips... but cannot seem to post them. :frown2:

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Guess we're dead in the water on this one. Oh well. I do, however, appreciate everyone's feedback. Thanks.

·
BAD BOW TIE
11,046 Posts
I don't think just changing exhaust tips makes much difference sound or performance wise. They are maybe a tad bit deeper/louder but you gotta like the looks. Awesome. I believe sound changes up closer to the motor with splitting the Y pipe and performance mufflers or no mufflers. That is my story and I am sticking to it.

·
Premium Member
1,005 Posts
I don't think just changing exhaust tips makes much difference sound or performance wise. They are maybe a tad bit deeper/louder but you gotta like the looks. Awesome. I believe sound changes up closer to the motor with splitting the Y pipe and performance mufflers or no mufflers. That is my story and I am sticking to it.
I’ll agree that is ‘a tad deeper/louder’. You’d have to hear the clips back to back or be really in tune with your R to hear the difference. Surprise!?!, I do hear the difference. From the looks, they are Simply awesome. They fit and belong.

Regarding performance, total agreement. It all comes before the tips. Would you like some whine with that? Yes, please!

- Robert
:silver:

·
BAD BOW TIE
11,046 Posts
I’ll agree that is ‘a tad deeper/louder’. You’d have to hear the clips back to back or be really in tune with your R to hear the difference. Surprise!?!, I do hear the difference. From the looks, they are Simply awesome. They fit and belong.

Regarding performance, total agreement. It all comes before the tips. Would you like some whine with that? Yes, please!

- Robert
:silver:
My system has been re-done from engine to and including Mikes Tips. No whine here just good sound and throw you back in the seat power. Works for me.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts