Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there SSR owners! I am buying a left over 04 this week and can't wait! I was wondering what kind of real world gas mileage you are seeing. I am curious because I will be doing alot of highway travel with it! Thanks in advance for any info!

·
Tu-Tone club member
5,781 Posts
19 to 20 @ 80mph.

·
Premium Member
2,252 Posts
Just got back a few weeks ago from a 3255 mile round trip to Texas and I averaged 20.0 miles per gallon.

·
I DO WINDOWS
8,834 Posts
Under 1000 miles on brake in

I get 22 with cruise set at 80 mph, in town the instant mpg bounces all over. The secret is to get it in high gear. I see 456 in the future.

·
Registered
15 Posts
'05 automatic-
Best I've gotten is 16.7 average with 1800 miles on the odo.
Maybe it's the startup to show everyone how the top works......

·
Registered
76 Posts
It really depends on how and where you drive. Around town here with some steep hill and short trips, and with a heavy foot 12-14, on the road driving conservatively 19-20..................Enjoy the ride....

It’s kind of like owning a Yacht, if you have to ask about fuel economy......maybe you can't afford it.

thatrhinoguy

·
Registered
277 Posts
yell04 said:
Hey there SSR owners! I am buying a left over 04 this week and can't wait! I was wondering what kind of real world gas mileage you are seeing. I am curious because I will be doing alot of highway travel with it! Thanks in advance for any info!
I don't really like to know my mileage, but I check once in awhile. On a trip from LA to Vegas I was averaging 21MPG+ once I was on Interstate 15 and on cruise control for over a hundred miles. I was doing 80 with air on. Yes, the top was up, you know our passengers....

·
SSR Pit Crew
2004 UV
9,315 Posts
40 mile daily round trip on 2 lane highway currently under construction, heavily patrolled by CHP :cuss , 20-45 minute wait each way, 17-19 mpg @ $2.63 for regular in good ol' CA :cuss :cuss

·
Premium Member
3,672 Posts
I believe there's a fairly large response on this queston in another thread. You might want to try the search engine.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts