Chevy SSR Forum banner

mirror with turn single

2K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  LOP 
#1 ·
check out mirror kits for ssr at www.kwmuth.com anyone tried them?

#2 ·
OK, I confess....

If you look closely, you will see that it is my truck in the photos.

I developed the instructions for Muth and have been turned loose as of today to sell the mirrors at special pricing to Fanatics. I cannot post pricing openly on this forum, but will tell you that you can save more than $60 on the heated units.

Please PM me if you are interested in a set. I'll be making a purchase in a day or two when I have enough orders. I'll pay shipping (in the US) and you send me a check after you have parts in hand.

Mike

#5 ·
ordered

Ordered my set today, installation appears pretty straight forward. Saw Mike's installed and liked them on his SSR.

#6 ·
rslow said:
Mike
Please describe the installation and what is involved,....is the change out fairly simple?? How much wiring knowledge is involved??
On the website, there's a .pdf file of the instructions specfially for the Corvette/SSR. SSR info starts on page 7. Those instructions are first class, color photos and all:thumbs

#7 ·
Mike's SSR

frankmp said:
On the website, there's a .pdf file of the instructions specfially for the Corvette/SSR. SSR info starts on page 7. Those instructions are first class, color photos and all:thumbs
:agree Those are Mike's instructions and pictures, I am sure he appreciates the compliment and I appreciate his efforts.

#8 ·
Furykay said:
what will happen to the Auto Dimming feature ?? :seeya Kay
Auto dimming is only on the driver's side OEM mirror. Muth Mirrors do not do it. It is a really nice little feature on the driver's mirror that you have to learn to live without. Takes about 1 night to get used to it......

Mike

#9 ·
Mike in AZ said:
Auto dimming is only on the driver's side OEM mirror. Muth Mirrors do not do it. It is a really nice little feature on the driver's mirror that you have to learn to live without. Takes about 1 night to get used to it......

Mike
That is a bummer but I believe the added safety feature of the signals makes up for it.

#11 · (Edited)
Mike in AZ said:
:agree :agree :agree

I gave it up in my Tahoe 5 years ago and have never regretted it. Same for the SSR. Besides, the pedal under the right foot assists in making the headlights behind you a little dimmer:lol :lol :glol :glol

Oh now I get it. They get dimmer as you put them in the dust as you pull away. Had to read this a few times before it came to me (went right over my head). I don't think I've ever paid any attention to the left mirror dimming; in fact forgot it was there. The only dimmer that counts is the rear view mirror anyway as long as it still dims. I may have to get this package Mike. Hate to see my baby taken apart again. Just had the XM installed and just the sight of the dash out made me cringe.

:banghead :banghead :banghead​

#12 ·
SS My R said:
Oh now I get it. They get dimmer as you put them in the dust as you pull away. Had to read this a few times before it came to me (went right over my head).

:banghead :banghead :banghead​
...speaking of "dim":glol :glol :glol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.