Chevy SSR Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Chevrolet SSR Slingshot Yellow
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 · (Edited)
I am not sure of the spec for resistance, that's why I suggested checking against others to compare.
It's quite possibly a toss up between clogged/ restricted versus an electrical malfunction of injector. There are alot of variables that could cause either.
I use a noid light to check for pulse and electrical connection. 6 PC kit from Amazon is about $15. Here in the states some auto stores have these in their tool rental/loan section.
According to Robert Baller the resistance should be between 12,2 and 12,9 Ohms. My injector no 2 was 12,8 so resistance was OK. Will now disconnect all electrical connectors and loosen the electrical harness, remove the fuel rails incl. the injectors and have them tested and cleaned. Keeping fingers crossed that this will solve the problem..

·
RetroCarGuy530
1,657 Posts
I just tested the resistance values for eight fuel injectors that I have stored in my old parts bin. I'm using a new multimeter since my old one started flaking out on me. Those eight injectors had resistance readings of 11.9 ohms (Qty 1), 12.0 ohms (Qty 4), 12.1 ohms (Qty 2), 12.2 ohms (Qty 1).

There may be a small ohm reading variance due to the use a different multimeter for this test. My new multimeter is a "better" multimeter than I had before.

I built and used a small test harness for the fuel injector since I'm reviewing an automotive circuit tester and it can test fuel injectors (provides different pulse patterns). The test harness makes it easier to plug into that tool I'm reviewing and to my multimeter.

As long as the eight injectors in your SSR have an extremely similar resistance value range, then the electrical part of the injectors should be good.

FYI, using a noid light is a great way to test the injector pulsing functionality. Just be aware that by disconnecting the injectors and using the noid light may trigger a DTC complaining about the connectivity of one or more injectors. That happened when I tested the injector wiring on my 2004. After my testing was complete, I used my scan tool to clear the DTC (I don't remember exactly the DTC value) and it did not reoccur.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I just tested the resistance values for eight fuel injectors that I have stored in my old parts bin. I'm using a new multimeter since my old one started flaking out on me. Those eight injectors had resistance readings of 11.9 ohms (Qty 1), 12.0 ohms (Qty 4), 12.1 ohms (Qty 2), 12.2 ohms (Qty 1).

There may be a small ohm reading variance due to the use a different multimeter for this test. My new multimeter is a "better" multimeter than I had before.

I built and used a small test harness for the fuel injector since I'm reviewing an automotive circuit tester and it can test fuel injectors (provides different pulse patterns). The test harness makes it easier to plug into that tool I'm reviewing and to my multimeter.

As long as the eight injectors in your SSR have an extremely similar resistance value range, then the electrical part of the injectors should be good.

FYI, using a noid light is a great way to test the injector pulsing functionality. Just be aware that by disconnecting the injectors and using the noid light may trigger a DTC complaining about the connectivity of one or more injectors. That happened when I tested the injector wiring on my 2004. After my testing was complete, I used my scan tool to clear the DTC (I don't remember exactly the DTC value) and it did not reoccur.

View attachment 597529
I had 12,3 ohms (qty 5), 12,2 ohms (qty 1), 12,4 ohms (qty 1) and 12,5 ohms.(qty 1). Electrical wise they all seem to be OK. Have now left them at trusted repair shop for testing and cleaning.
Noid Light testing performed with good result i.e. all connectors OK. Will clear the codes with scan tool when having assembled everything. Will hopefully have my SSR running again. .

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
I am not sure of the spec for resistance, that's why I suggested checking against others to compare.
It's quite possibly a toss up between clogged/ restricted versus an electrical malfunction of injector. There are alot of variables that could cause either.
I use a noid light to check for pulse and electrical connection. 6 PC kit from Amazon is about $15. Here in the states some auto stores have these in their tool rental/loan section.
Tested with the Noid LIght and it was OK. Tested the injectors and they were all between 12,2 and 12,5 ohms. Got the injectors back from testing/cleaning and they are all OK. Now waiting for a new fuel filter before testing again.

·
Registered
04 Black, 05 Black, 05 Aqua Blur
4,432 Posts
@LeSmi it is recommended by GM to replace the clips on the fuel filter as they do become brittle over time. Some filters come with new ones and some don't so just thought I would mention it.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
@LeSmi it is recommended by GM to replace the clips on the fuel filter as they do become brittle over time. Some filters come with new ones and some don't so just thought I would mention it.
OK, thank You. Have not yet received the new filter but I purchased tn original ACDelco GF831 which should have the clips included..

21 - 26 of 26 Posts