Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There are 2 A/C vents in the center area of the dash. The center vent towards the passenger side in my '05 is missing the piece that opens and closes the baffles/vanes plus some of the closable vanes are missing. Is this vent piece replaceable and if so where could I get one?

Thanks in advance. Gib

·
Supporting SSR Hobbyist
10,001 Posts
There are 2 A/C vents in the center area of the dash. The center vent towards the passenger side in my '05 is missing the piece that opens and closes the baffles/vanes plus some of the closable vanes are missing. Is this vent piece replaceable and if so where could I get one?

Thanks in advance. Gib
Hi Gib,

If you remove the vents and ship them to me, I will rebuild them and send them back to you. I purchased the tooling and parts from Floyd Bailey's estate and am continuing to repair them now that he is gone.... Cost is $10 per vane plus shipping.

Consult Dicktator's One Drive for the procedure on vent removal and re-installation.

Mike

·
Premium Member
7,279 Posts
Good morning "DesertRat" :00000732: :00000732: :00000732: !!! Glad to see you're part of the SSRfanatical group of SSR owners. 05 Slingshot Yellow, great color, great year !!! Does it have Chrome Rims ??? Hope you're having fun in the Sun with it. A cool 22 degrees here in Middle Tennessee, but gonna' be a bright sunshiny day later. Again :00000732: to the wonderful world or SSRfanatic owners. tennesseecozydog :ssr

·
Premium Member
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi Gib,

If you remove the vents and ship them to me, I will rebuild them and send them back to you. I purchased the tooling and parts from Floyd Bailey's estate and am continuing to repair them now that he is gone.... Cost is $10 per vane plus shipping.

Consult Dicktator's One Drive for the procedure on vent removal and re-installation.

Mike
Great, Mike. I will tackle the task of removing the vent and will get it to you. Thanks much.
Gib

·
Premium Member
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Good morning "DesertRat" :00000732: :00000732: :00000732: !!! Glad to see you're part of the SSRfanatical group of SSR owners. 05 Slingshot Yellow, great color, great year !!! Does it have Chrome Rims ??? Hope you're having fun in the Sun with it. A cool 22 degrees here in Middle Tennessee, but gonna' be a bright sunshiny day later. Again :00000732: to the wonderful world or SSRfanatic owners. tennesseecozydog :ssr
Thanks, tennesseecozydog. Yes, it has Chrome Rims. We are looking forward to year around fun out here in our climate. Every time time we take her out, my wife wants to go further. She hates to get out of the SSR. Lots a fun, more than I could have imagined. Gib

Reactions: Auggie Doggie

·
RED SLED
439 Posts
This might sound silly, but I can't recall where Dictators "Onedrive" link is on the SSR site.

Can you help me out?

:D

·
RED SLED
439 Posts
Thank You!!

·
Premium Member
1,943 Posts
Click the star.........

When you have the Cloud pulled up, click on the star to the right of the address and that will add it to your "Favorites List" or "Bookmark".

Jack

1 - 12 of 12 Posts