Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was born and raised in a small city of Kieler WI, across the Mississippi from Dubuque IA. This time of year I really miss the colors of fall. I remember every fall visiting a state park called Wyalusing. Are there any members near there and could you send me some pictures of this great park. :cool

Ken

·
Administrator
PEDIGREE SSR
8,541 Posts
Fall colors

Ken,

I don't live in beautiful Wisconsin area but if I can I will try to take some fall shots if you want to see color leaves?
:)

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That would be just GREAT, thanks Marc.

·
Registered
541 Posts
You want leaves? I got 'em...

Here are some from mine and my wifes recent Harley trip to Gatlinburg, TN.

The view from our cabin

Looking down toward Fontana Lake

Looking toward North Carolina from Newfound Gap

Diggs

·
Administrator
PEDIGREE SSR
8,541 Posts
Nice

Hey Diggs,

Great shots up there :) I grabbed a quickie outside the house today! I hope to get some more soon.

·
Premium Member
9,287 Posts
Mark must have caught that little breeze that gets it up. ;)

·
Administrator
PEDIGREE SSR
8,541 Posts
Breeze Needed!

Flassh said:
Mark must have caught that little breeze that gets it up. ;)
Hey, I am still looking for a fix for my lid problem, so maybe you can find me a nice long hard breeze so that I can make my tonneau cover (lid) pop up higher? ;)

·
Administrator
PEDIGREE SSR
8,541 Posts
Come North Young Man!

kwhopper89 said:
I hope you get some more too - uh, photographs that is!!!
Hey Keith,

Take your SSR and pack your camera and come up to the Northeast area. There you will find some of the best colors in the world. Lots and lots of RED and YELLOW with some even have shades of Black in them. Only one thing bad about colored leaves... I don't think there are any trees that have fall leaves that turn Silver in the fall... hmmm do you know of any? :mad

:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
3,665 Posts
Marc NY said:
Hey Keith,

Take your SSR and pack your camera and come up to the Northeast area. There you will find some of the best colors in the world. Lots and lots of RED and YELLOW with some even have shades of Black in them. Only one thing bad about colored leaves... I don't think there are any trees that have fall leaves that turn Silver in the fall... hmmm do you know of any? :mad

:rolleyes:
Saw a bunch changing while we were there a few weeks ago. Very beautiful, but speaking as an ex-native - you'll be raking them up for weeks while we're still looking at green down here. BTW - my cargo cover pops up just fine - but it doesn't have the weight of that carpeting on it. Maybe that's the difference.

·
SSR Owners Group
3,753 Posts
Silver Leaves

A quick google:
Here is a comparison of the typical late spring and summer reflectant, silvery leaves of California desert brittlebush, Encelia farinosa (Family Asteraceae), with a broader, dark green leaf formed by the plant during early spring, when plant water status was high. NOT a tree but ~ See attached...

As far as heading to the NE w/ my camera - well, it's in the planning stages...

My youngest graduates in June of '07 - so summer / fall of 07 will be the "See The USA in My Chevrolet - SSR" tour. Making prelim plans to try to see all 28 MLB parks in a 8 week romp across the USA - and back!!!

Hey Chevrolet - or General - wanna sponsor this trip? (In case they are listening!!!)

Attachments

·
Administrator
PEDIGREE SSR
8,541 Posts
Fall leaves

I took another photo today... the Niagara River heading out to Ontario Lake.

Where the fall colors are not at peak levels yet.... will be very soon!

·
Machell
20,829 Posts
Ok marc the clubphoto link didn't work for me and you said to let you know if anything was amiss well the attachment doesn't show up either. Just FYI

·
Administrator
PEDIGREE SSR
8,541 Posts
Too Large

wildcat66 said:
Ok marc the clubphoto link didn't work for me and you said to let you know if anything was amiss well the attachment doesn't show up either. Just FYI
HI Machell,
Thanks for telling me. I believe the image is way too large to post. I should have resized it... I will try that again later. :seeya

·
SSR Pit Crew
1,742 Posts
Hey Ken!

You're gonna be jealous!

Skyline Drive last week.............

·
Machell
20,829 Posts
The only thing missing from these photos is the SSR very pretty. I think we have one or two trees changing color in Texas :lol)

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Buffy, you are SOO right.

Buffy said:
Hey Ken!

You're gonna be jealous!

Skyline Drive last week.............

I am so impressed with the colors of fall, thanks again for making my day. :flag
Nomadkenn

1 - 20 of 29 Posts