Chevy SSR Forum banner

Missouri Chapter Meet and Greet May 3-6 2018

2K views 22 replies 7 participants last post by  Nytro1 
#1 ·
Registration is now open for the 2018 MAGIC DRAGON CAR SHOW at Lake of the Ozarks. The Missouri Chapter of SSRfanatics will be holding a meet and greet during the car show weekend. We will discuss future events in Missouri and out of town rallies. You can register for the street meet at
MAGICDRAGONCARSHOW.com if you are going to have your R judged you need to enter P1 in the class number. Our hotel will be at the Quality Inn, 3501 Bagnell Dam Blvd. 573-365-2700 $89.00 per night breakfast included in our SSRfanatics rate. Info on the area can be found at funlake.com :ssr

#4 ·
Soon as car show finalizes their schedule we will plan ours. They will have a poker run, car cruise through town and other events. We will do a cruise to Bennett Springs State Park for photos. Photo at the Route 66 sign in Lebanon. Cruise to local watering holes for lunch and dinner. Desert at Andys frozen custard. Suggestions are always excepted.:ssr

#7 ·
Why go up thru St Louis?? I recently drove from Dyersburg to the Ozarks and had a very nice scenic ride Did not go way up north to St Louis. Just say’n.

And in my estimation ,,, driving around the south side bypasses in St Louis is far better than traveling thru Nashville on 65 or 40

#6 ·
Count on us being there. Will make reservations and registration as soon as they are open. Next time I see you, CAZ, I will help you with anything you need on the meet. I will contact the 2 SSRs in Springfield who haven't joined this site yet. I think the lake at this time of year will be an excellent gathering place. I cannot remember the last time I have seen 1000 collectable cars at one place. By the registration, it will help us to get around the traffic, like you said, in many ways. Thanks for your work.

#8 ·
Just checked the MAGICDRAGONCARSHOW web site ...No Daily Drivers !!! P1 Entries, submit photo & brief description of vehicle !!! $40 preregistration, $45 after April 1st.

My SSR is a daily driver, photo & description no way, 40 Bucks are you kiddin' so per Shark Tank "For that reason, I'm out" But ... a get together with the SSR Nation does really sound like and will be fun, fun, fun as usual. Go CAZ Go !!! :ssr :black: :yellow: :silver: :blur: :purple: :blue:

#10 ·
I download the form and mailed it in. Didn’t send pic because I not having it judged. Registration gives you access to strip and parking when they shut down strip to regular traffic otherwise you will need to park away from event, not good. Also let’s you come and go as you want. Hope this helps

#15 ·
The hotel is 2 1/2 miles from strip. Also the hotel has indoor and outdoor pools. The Osage Beach Police dept. is across and down the street from the hotel and will be patrolling our parking lot. Will add more info as I receive it. caz:ssr

#16 · (Edited)
Just got registration confirmation from Magic Dragon but I did have to email pic of my SSR first. If anyone is having problems registering let me know PM or Missouri Chapter SSRfanatics on FB. I not being judged, but you can enter and park on strip Saturday with registration card on dash

#20 · (Edited)
magicdragoncarshow.com

List of things we will be doing at SSRfanatics meet and greet.
Thursday noon to 5pm registration at Wilmore Lodge. 3pm Cruise to Ha Ha Tonka state park and castle or poker run. 5pm cruise to dinner.
Friday 8-8 registration 10-12 Cruise to Bennett Springs state park for lunch. 12-1 cruise to Route 66 museum. 1-2pm cruise to Route 66 mural for pics. Back to strip for car show cruise through town. Meet for dinner after we cruise.
Saturday 10-1pm Cruise to Coconuts Carribean bar for lunch. Back to strip to display our SSRs, only cars registered will be allowed on strip. Meet for dinner that evening. All times are subject show schedule. Previous post has hotel info.
Before that weekend we will need a head count for dinners. CAZ:ssr
P.S. Quality Inn 1-573-365-2700 ssrfanatics rate 89.00 includes breakfast, indoor pool, outdoor pool. Osage Beach Police dept. will be cruising the parking lot for us.

#22 ·
Steve and Betty will be present for all meals. Got my registration conformation back after sending in pic, not being judged but I guess they don't want any rough cars parking on main drag. Also got my reservation at the host hotel.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.