Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
2005 Redline Red 6 Speed
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Missouri Chapter of SSRfanatics is putting together an event the weekend of July 13th and 14th 2018 starting at hotsummernightscruise.com on Friday night then on Saturday meet at prisonbrews.com in Jefferson City for lunch and then go to missouripentours.com for a private gost tour given by one of our members a previous prison warden. Tours are $16 per person. Some of us from out of town are spending Friday night at the Hampton Inn close to the mall in Jefferson City 573-634-7440. Jefferson City is a 45 min cruise up hwy 54 from Bagnell Dam Lake of the Ozarks Sign up if interested Need a head count. ?

·
Registered
170 Posts
I used to manage a golf course in Leavenworth, Kansas. I believe there are 5 prisons there. One of my part time workers was a full time guard at one of the prisons. He got Employee of the Month and invited me to the ceremony, then he got clearance to show me around the prison. WOW!! They should take every Jr. high schooler thru one of these. The clanging of the many doors and the smallness of the cells REALLY makes you want NO part of these places!!! Interesting and eye opening!!

·
Registered
260 Posts
I used to manage a golf course in Leavenworth, Kansas. I believe there are 5 prisons there. One of my part time workers was a full time guard at one of the prisons. He got Employee of the Month and invited me to the ceremony, then he got clearance to show me around the prison. WOW!! They should take every Jr. high schooler thru one of these. The clanging of the many doors and the smallness of the cells REALLY makes you want NO part of these places!!! Interesting and eye opening!!
I took a tour of Alcatraz a number of years ago . You are right in that it would be the last place you would ever want to spend any time at.
John F.

·
Super Moderator
14,088 Posts
Sounds like it may dredge up a lot of memories best forgotten

·
Premium Member
1,369 Posts
put Betty and Steve down for attending. Betty's birthday is that weekend, what a Birthday! fanatic log on sbubbaklein

Reactions: tennesseecozydog

·
Genuinely SSR Obsessed
8,594 Posts
Hmmm.......Just so they're perfectly clear on who to release at the end of the tour.........:surprise:!!!!!!!

》》》 images.jpeg 《《《​

===============
David :black:
images-2.png

·
Premium Member
2005 Redline Red 6 Speed
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This prison is 100 years older than Alcatraz, the only prisoners there are ghost from the past. The ghost tour is from 12 am till 5 am. Our tour is when they are sleeping at 2:30 pm ?

·
Premium Member
2005 Redline Red 6 Speed
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
put Betty and Steve down for attending. Betty's birthday is that weekend, what a Birthday! fanatic log on sbubbaklein
Got you guys down. Alright a birthday party ? Will she be old enough to have cocktail ?

·
Registered
04 Black, 05 Black, 05 Aqua Blur
3,540 Posts
What is the time for the prison tour and how long does it run? Trying to make plans to be there.

·
Premium Member
2005 Redline Red 6 Speed
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
July 14, 2018 Jefferson City Mo
Will meet at 12:00 for lunch at prisonbrews.com then 1:30 at museum located next to prison, 2:15 at missouripentours.com for tour at 2:30. Tour lasts 2:30 hours $15 pp. Join us at anytime but don’t be late for tour, they won’t wait. Saturday morning depends on the weather

·
Premium Member
2005 Redline Red 6 Speed
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Prison Tour List

CAZ SSR
zoro1947
penny pincher
v2plus15
sbbubbaklein
Reg
SSRFETISH
stlhotrod
JPKZ51
Lisa John
Rich MaryAnn
SSReplay

·
Registered
04 Black, 05 Black, 05 Aqua Blur
3,540 Posts
If you don't mind a Camaro in the group my son would like to go on the tour. So if that's ok put me down for the three of us.

·
Premium Member
2005 Redline Red 6 Speed
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
For those going on prison Tour in July we will collect money and sign waivers before tour at lunch or museum. See you there CAZ

1 - 14 of 14 Posts