Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
SSR Owners Group
3,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all - Jerry from Visalia has a few pics of his project to share:

I have some photos that might be of interest to the SSR Fanatics. They are modifications that I have done to my SSR. Others have accomplished the same results but did them differently. Mine are a little more detailed, but were fabricated with items lying around in my shop. The 1st & 2nd photos are views of my RH & LH rear fender fascia stiffeners, They incorporate Heim Joints and aluminum rod, which provides an adjustment feature to place the sides of the fender fascia exactly where you want them located. The chief purpose of these however, is to stiffen the fender fascia so they do not flutter going down the highway and don’t flex when your washing and waxing the surfaces.

The 3rd & 4th photos are views of my front license plate bracket, that is removable for shows. It incorporates the stock plastic plate holder, supported by a couple of specially designed arms, which slide onto aluminum pins welded to an improved air deflector (has a 45 degree bend to help deflect air up and into radiator core and transmission cooler). I fabricated the arms from a piece of Nylatron plastic, Nylatron is a special nylon formulation with excellent physical properties with high temperature resistance.

Attachments

·
Tu-Tone club member
5,780 Posts
Plate looks good....

guess it could be modifyed if you have a spoiler by going thru the spoiler hole.

P/P

Peace:flag

·
Premium Member
820 Posts
kwhopper89 said:
Hey all - Jerry from Visalia has a few pics of his project to share:

The 3rd & 4th photos are views of my front license plate bracket, that is removable for shows. It incorporates the stock plastic plate holder, supported by a couple of specially designed arms, which slide onto aluminum pins welded to an improved air deflector (has a 45 degree bend to help deflect air up and into radiator core and transmission cooler). I fabricated the arms from a piece of Nylatron plastic, Nylatron is a special nylon formulation with excellent physical properties with high temperature resistance.

It looks good but I have a problem with your 'mounting foundation'. You have anchored it the lower radiator support. This pricey piece of plastic can break under impact to your license plate. At least that what happen to my SSR once. The vehicle suffered no other damage.

ps. list price on the lower radiator support is about $230 and all I hit was plastic bag filled with laundry.

·
Machell
20,829 Posts
Bill Ligon said:
It looks good but I have a problem with your 'mounting foundation'. You have anchored it the lower radiator support. This pricey piece of plastic can break under impact to your license plate. At least that what happen to my SSR once. The vehicle suffered no other damage.

ps. list price on the lower radiator support is about $230 and all I hit was plastic bag filled with laundry.

It looks like he has also added that piece and maybe modified it! The origianl didn't have the angle did it?

Keith can you clear that up for us?

BTW Hi Bill! :seeya

·
Premium Member
17,317 Posts
Yes,.. I will take one air deflector.. no, better make that two air deflectors,.. one for myself and one for wildcat, and then one liscense plate holder for myself.

When can I expect delivery for those, and please keep in mind I drive the '05 model.

·
SSR Owners Group
3,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm not sure if Jerry is making these for resale - or if he just wanted to share ideas... I'll check w/ him and see about answers your questions... (He's also the first owner I know of that retrofitted his SSR hood w/ struts!)

·
Premium Member
3,665 Posts
kwhopper89 said:
I'm not sure if Jerry is making these for resale - or if he just wanted to share ideas... I'll check w/ him and see about answers your questions... (He's also the first owner I know of that retrofitted his SSR hood w/ struts!)
Melodymaker in Missouri City, TX did the retrofit some time ago.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts