Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Got my steering wheel back from Craft Customs. Put red thread on black and black thread on red. A big shout out to @shakatak for recommending them. Also got my custom speaker covers from @Dragon2U. Thanks Mike quality work as always. Now all I have to do is wait till I get the TOY back from shop and coolant problem fixed.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,777 Posts
SWT RYD
Wow, like the red thread and black thread idea looks great and glad your happy with the work.

The speaker grills look amazing, might have to get me a set in satin.

Hope you get the cooling issue fixed, can't want to see the "GOODIES" installed.

·
Premium Member
2,886 Posts
SWT RD
Looks good, I think i saw somewhere you did your door panels with the marine welt. (My material arrived yesterday!)

I like the way the SSR is highlighted - I did the same thing with the chrome show bars.

I have different stainless rings - however if I had these I might add some red pinstriping tape (1/8") should fit and can easily be removed if you don't like the look.

I don't have photoshop but was able to doctor pic a little (need to remove the sections NOT indented)
If I hadn't already spent the money on the rings I have, I think I would try this.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
SWT RD
Looks good, I think i saw somewhere you did your door panels with the marine welt. (My material arrived yesterday!)

I like the way the SSR is highlighted - I did the same thing with the chrome show bars.

I have different stainless rings - however if I had these I might add some red pinstriping tape (1/8") should fit and can easily be removed if you don't like the look.

I don't have photoshop but was able to doctor pic a little (need to remove the sections NOT indented)
If I hadn't already spent the money on the rings I have, I think I would try this.
if you have a steady hand you could probably just get some testors model paint and just paint a red ring around it. Might be easier to do. Sounds like a good idea. thanks

·
Premium Member
2,886 Posts
if you have a steady hand you could probably just get some testors model paint and just paint a red ring around it. Might be easier to do. Sounds like a good idea. thanks
That's a big IF.
I have found out I am better at working with vinyl then testors paint and a small brush. Its not only about being steady it's also patience.
I think I have less time in both show bars and the rear license frame than I do in ONE side of the engine cover "vortec"

You truck is looking really good!!
I hope you are going to Maggie valley and that you don't find anything major wrong with the smoke.
I want to be able to see all your changes in person -- I know that you done some of things that are on "my list"

Attachments

·
Dr Who
649 Posts
Got my steering wheel back from Craft Customs. Put red thread on black and black thread on red. A big shout out to @shakatak for recommending them. Also got my custom speaker covers from @Dragon2U. Thanks Mike quality work as always. Now all I have to do is wait till I get the TOY back from shop and coolant problem fixed.
Would you mind sharing the info on the steering wheel...who did it, how to get in touch with them, how long did it take, and how much?

·
RED SLED
439 Posts
Nice!

·
Premium Member
5,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Would you mind sharing the info on the steering wheel...who did it, how to get in touch with them, how long did it take, and how much?
Craft Customs Steering Wheel 214-564 -1170 ask for Cathy 7 to 10 days turn around. Check out their website.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts