Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Today, on the way home from work, I wound up crusing with the SSR's grandpappy. It was Red too. We were each happy to see our counterpart.

I did note a big boost in attention from all the other drivers on the road. Those that recognized the kinship any way. Alas we had to split at the interchange.

PS. I still haven't had a chance encounter with another SSR owner, however, I have seen 3 grandpappies.

·
Las Vegas Mob
1,334 Posts
What a great ride that must have been! I work with a friend that has the '98 pacecar Corvette (the same exact color as my UV SSR - although it was called "pacecar purple" then), and when we go riding together we sure get more than our share of attention. ;)

P.S. I have noticed that alot of Harley riders sure appreciate the SSR more than most people. It is rare for me not to get some sort of a "thumb's up" or nod and smile from the biker set. Anyone else notice this?

·
Administrator
8,204 Posts
Backwards smiles

We were driving in a town nearby when we stopped at a traffic light. I teenaged boy and his younger brother riding on his back and carrying a skateboard, noticed us as they were walking up to the corner. They smiled and stared... as they turned the corner they didn't stop looking... the older brother walked backwards so they both could watch the car... and walked that way until the light changed and we turned. LOL

People will stop next to us and ask what is that????

I had an older retired man walk up to the truck and say I remember when they made this... "ask me sometime all about it". I chuckled as I told him that it was a Chevy 50's retro truck and that it is an 2004 model year etc etc... It was really funny to see his look as he was surprised that I knew much more than he did.

More to follow later... :lol

Marc

·
Registered
28 Posts
Smiles

:lol

The Smiles per hour ratio is greater in my SSR than in any other car I've ever owned or driven. While driving our SSR, I spend most of my time making sure other cars don't hit us. Seems as though other drivers have a tendency to swerve towards us while they are looking at us.

I also own a 200 HD Deuce. When that bike hit the road it was a big deal in that set. And yes the SSR's smile per hour far outweighs that. And yes it does appear that bikers seem to really appreciate the SSR.

Truckers also really love this truck. I often get a horn (scares the sh&^t out of me) and a thumbs up.

I've even had a toll booth guy close his lane (while cars are in line) to come over and check out my SSR. Very funny.

This SSR seems to bring smile to all that see her. Even people I would not call CAR people, look and smile if not show a thumbs up.

A Great Feeling.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts