Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been thinking, which hurts sometimes, about how to take a jacket, or a small backpack of cloths, or picking up a 2 quart, or as we call it in Canada a 2 liter of ice cream, that kind of thing. It was annoying to put my leather jacket on the passenger seat, only to have it slide onto the floor the first stop sign I came to, same with a bag of oranges or whatever, you get the picture. I don't have the slide bar and cargo net option,...yet, and didn't want stuff sliding around in the bed, so here's the result. I had this bungie cord cargo net attached to the inside roof of my boat, for towels, sandwiches, the like. Went to the chandlery and picked up 4 - 1" track sliders. They come with stainless slot screws, not going to work with my plan, so picked up 4 stainless eyebolts at the hardware store. As you can see from the photos, The sliders are black, I used a black towel on top of the cargo net and three small black bungie cords across the top. I've been using this setup now for a couple of months and am very pleased with it, nothing has fallen out and so far nothing has bottomed out. Now when I see a pretty girl hitch hiking I don't have to scramble to clear the passanger seat. A little problem I discovered with the eye bolts, they can mark the inside of the track when tightened, so I made small thin black aluminium shims that sit behind the sliders and prevent marking the track....Keeping the permagrin...Clivey

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts