Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This sucks, just called the dealer to get an update and he was surprised that my car now has a 10-27 built date!!!!!!!!!!!!! When we got together last Tuesday, it said 9-1 and we put the order through. He is going to call GM on Monday. I'm nervous now. I asked him if that was his second car, and he said no. He said my order is the only one in the system. Anyone from dealers or GM can shed some light please.

S

·
0 Posts
SOUNDS to me like a low volume dealer with low allocation ... and maybe made a mistake on production date! Oh well, gives the BOWTIE GUYS a few extra weeks to work out production bugs. :D

·
Banned
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
not really, the dealer had sold 1500 chevy's in 2001. He tells me they are high volume and I saw the date myself on the computer system. It said week of 9-1. I actually have a print out of it.

·
SSR Owners Group
3,753 Posts
The build week listed in the system is very fluid. It can and does change - mine has only slipped farther away. Was 8/11 then 9/1 - last I cecked was 9/8 as well.

Most likely 3 to 4 weeks after the build week the dealer will have it. Can't seem to pin down an exact time from build to dealership. Getting closer all the time!

·
Registered
148 Posts
kwhopper89 said:
The build week listed in the system is very fluid. It can and does change - mine has only slipped farther away. Was 8/11 then 9/1 - last I cecked was 9/8 as well.

Most likely 3 to 4 weeks after the build week the dealer will have it. Can't seem to pin down an exact time from build to dealership. Getting closer all the time!
It looks like now the 04's will be pushed back well into November! Mine is still scheduled for this week! And being in Michigan I'm hoping to have it next week! I'm keeping my fingers crossed though!

:thumbs

·
Premium Member
887 Posts
The suits at my dealer ordered my RED SSR
on May 22, 03. Mid August got a TBW of
9-15-03!!! Maybe they won't put me over the
edge by pushin the date back. Nearly 4 yrs
and counting. In '01 GM was all congrats on how
fast(?) they were going to get it built. Let's see--
this is late '03. Hmmmmmmm.:confused

S

·
0 Posts
I got to play with the first SSR concept vehicle at a student summit meeting in Detroit back in 1999. I agree, 4 years is a LONG time to wait. My TBW was this week, but seen that I don't have a VIN # yet, looks like a little longer wait. :(

1 - 8 of 8 Posts