Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
During this down time, what movies you watching. If you never seen it watch "World's Fastest Indian". True story of Burt Munro, one of his record still holds today.

·
BAD BOW TIE
10,171 Posts
Ran across on late night TV and watched BRONCO BILLY with Clint Eastwood and Sondra Locke. Awesome old time good movie. Saw it several times before. Check it out.

·
The Susan Lucci of ROTM
2004, lowered, custom paint
1,939 Posts
If you were a fan of Deadpool.... Watch "6 underground" on Netflix. It also stars Ryan Reynolds. Over the top action sequences, crazy driving scenes with quite a few one liners throughout. Not gonna win any Academy Awards but fun to watch.

·
Premium Member
1,926 Posts
Right now I am watching PBS's Civil War. It is remastered from previous and great on Blu-ray. I do not have 4K.

I have been working on my stereos. Hitching up some more old Klipsch stuff that I have had is storage. When I get that done, I am going to watch Saving Private Ryan when I have the 15" subwoofers hitched up.

Dave

·
BAD BOW TIE
10,171 Posts
We watched a western "Badland" last night on Netflix. Good movie if you like westerns.
Stumbled across BRONCO BILLY on late night TV. It stars Clint Eastwood and Sondra Locke. Good wholesome movie. He is a wild west carnival act like Buffalo Bill. I have seen it several times and really like it. Filmed in 1979 in Idaho. Check it out.

·
Premium Member
3,385 Posts
Rocky, Godfather 1 & 2, The Fifth Element, Casa Blanca, Top Gun, Fast Times at Ridgemont High, Ferris Buelle'rs Day Off, The Last of the Mohicans, Ben Hur, Wizard of Oz, Shane, Vertigo,Somewhere in Time,Fist full of Dollars.

·
Super Moderator
13,782 Posts
As I have often stated I like the old stuff
Interesting timing but my oldest son asked my advice on old movies.
He had on his list Casablanca, Citizen Kane and Lawrence of Arabia - all great movies.
I can go on forever about this stuff, favourite films, directors, actors.
I often find there is one little scene in a movie that brings me back to watch again - a couple that comes to mind
  • Peter O'Toole when he dons the Arab robes and looks in the mirror - the racing camels across the desert, seeing the top of the ship running through the Suez as they are still emerging from the desert - Lawrence of Arabia
  • Yul Brinner - flipping his cigarette holder about and lighting a cigarette - "The Journey" with Deborah Kerr - really good movie
  • Possibly my favourite female actress - Ginger Rogers - in Stage Door (1935) she glanced over her shoulder, she motioned and said "come on" to Kate Hepburn
Rather a magical scene.
Interesting that my SSR is named Kate for Katherine Hepburn but I wish I had named her Ginger.
Ginger, in a flowing dress, could out dance Fred Astaire.
- Pretty much anything Bogart - The Maltese Falcon, Casablanca, African Queen, Treasure of the Sierra Madra, High Sierra etc etc

Westerns - I love Shane
The Big Country

This is getting boring for you I am sure.
Current movies, pretty much crap IMO
They seem to make a couple of hundred syrupy Christmas TV movies annually.
When I was a kid, we had about 3 that we watched continually.

A recent movie I would like to watch is Once Upon a Time in Hollywood
This reminds me of Once Upon a Time in The West
In the opening scene, Jack (shifty eye Elam) is sitting in a cabin or something waiting for a train - a fly is driving him crazy on his face for several minutes, his eyes are following it - he eventually corrals it in his gun barrel - great scene
Once Upon a Time in The West is a movie I will watch many times - great cast.

Sorry if I have bored you

·
Registered
984 Posts
How could you not watch the Spaghetti westerns..Good Bad and Ugly, Fistfull of Dollars, For a Few Dollars More, or any Eastwood western. I have been watching the old TBS movies and just finished Black Sails.....

·
Premium Member
2,459 Posts
Many have brought up Clint Eastwood
And I like most of them, not a big fan of the Any Which Way sagas or Sandra Locke.

I surprised nobody mentioned newer movies
"Grand Torino" or "the Mule"

How about some Steve McQueen movies
Nobody mentioned "Bullit", Lemans and many others

And of course about anything (in color) with "the Duke"

Two great movies with "I didn't see that coming!" endings
"The Game" == Michael Douglas
"Diggstown" == Louis Gosset Jr.

All would be on my watch list.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Green Mile ,Captain Phillips with Tom Hanks also try the Ozzie films such as Sunshine and Oranges and The Rabbit Proof Fence, fact based , stunning and typical of the white mans intrusion on the natives.

·
Premium Member
1,041 Posts
SSR3 Told me about the Netflix Series Formula 1 Drive To Survive. It gives you a behind the scenes look at the teams. Very interesting.

Make sure you watch season 1 & 2.
Season 3 is on HOLD just like us. ???

·
Super Moderator
13,782 Posts
Green Mile ,Captain Phillips with Tom Hanks also try the Ozzie films such as Sunshine and Oranges and The Rabbit Proof Fence, fact based , stunning and typical of the white mans intrusion on the natives.
My favourite Tom Hanks movie - The Road to Perdition
My post was so long I really couldn't get into Clint.- like pretty much all he did - but with due respect, Bronco Billy was not one of them.
His movies that had his girlfriend Sandra Locke in them were less than spectacular.
I love Spaghetti & Dirty Harry - expectorating tobacco juice on the dog etc.
I have seen them so many times though.

My younger son has never seen the Godfather Series
I have a university student here that also wants to see the series
Not really looking forward to watching it twice - trying to coincide
I thought Alex would be here in April but he is hung up in Columbia.
The Godfather series takes a ton of time to watch

1 - 20 of 47 Posts