Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to present to a guy I know if he would be interested in taking over Eric's molds. What I need to know is how much interest is out there in his parts that he produced. Go to the MPD site and let me know what parts you would possible would want. Sorry I would not have any prices at this time.

·
BAD BOW TIE
8,648 Posts
A couple of things. Did Eric have stuff made up and in inventory to sell and if so would this interfere with his wife selling these items. If there is no inventory I have the front spoiler splitter on my list. Keep us posted.

·
Premium Member
1,933 Posts
Actually, I had saved for 6 months for the molded running boards and was going to order when Eric got sick.
I would save next for a one piece front fascia and spoiler.

He also had other parts for other models - you might visit those forums (camaro, g8 etc)

·
Ret. Air Force
3,672 Posts
I think it's more a matter of necessity than interest?
From my understanding it was only Eric and one other business that make aftermarket bumper-covers.
I think Eric was the ONLY one making tailgates and hoods!?
As these trucks continue to insist on being "accident magnets",
we owners are going to continue to transition from "want one" to "need one".
I totally agree that someone should carry on what Eric started.

·
Registered
217 Posts
So glad someone is thinking of taking over the business. I was going to order front spoiler and rear spoiler when Eric became sick. Still interested in these pieces.

·
Registered
418 Posts
I agree with CruDawg Needs will take over wants.
I always wanted Eric’s hood but did not pull the trigger.
When I had a front end accident I needed hood and front facia.
Eric did my repair and added scooped hood, front facia with spoiler molded in. rockers, tailgate rear spoiler,and designed the first set off taillight buckets for my truck.
This was one of Eric’s last big projects and it turned out great.
Factory parts are fading fast.

Thank you Eric you will be missed.

·
Premium Member
1,410 Posts
Nope, that's a 404, site not found.

Try this MPD motorsports performance design – Chevy SSR

I'd love a set of Erics molded rocker panels.
:confused

Bruce........I'm aware of where (rocker panels) are. Below the door and/or doors. So, in this case, I am thinkin' you are talking about the molded (running boards) that he offered that go from the rear of the front wheel housing all the way back to the front of the rear wheel housing.

My ride has a set of those and they look like they should have been there all along as part of the "stock" set up.:grin2:

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
I have no interest in products at this time... maybe someday. But I do feel like there are not enough quality vendors for aftermarket products for our trucks. As such, I support anyone taking on this venture.

·
LKMURKY
426 Posts
Molded Running Boards & A Front Air dam for me.
Shaved spear.
Eric is the only vendor of the frequently damaged front end parts. George is gone, there is nothing left. Someone needs to continue this.
LKMURKY
04:yellow:
06:blur:

·
Premium Member
4,061 Posts
Tailgate and scooped hood is on my Bucket list. Who ever does it has real big shoes to fill in replacing Eric's workmanship.

·
Administrator
8,204 Posts
Doug, I had actually talked to Eric awhile ago about possibly purchasing his molded running boards, rear spoiler and front end spoiler.

It would be really great if someone was able to pick up the ability to reproduce Eric's great products.

·
Premium Member
1,464 Posts
I would like to have rear spoiler the one he made a while back that he don’t have a pattern for it was a one piece I do believe

1 - 20 of 47 Posts