Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
2005 Chevy SSR
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think most of you know by now that Chuckstr aka 6.0togo has been working hard over the last year to see if he could get the MPD products produced again. It does not look like that is going to happen in the near future however he was able to find a manufacture to produce a few products as a test for quality. Here is what is for sale:
Hoods (2) price is $1400 per hood plus shipping.
Front spoiler NASCAR style, running boards and rear corner pieces price is $1900 plus shipping. The 3 products would make a ground effects kit.
Taillight buckets no lens or lights price $160 plus shipping.
We do not have any other parts available only the ones listed above and no rear spoilers.

Money order required to Charles Magaw. All pieces are offered on a first come first served basis. All sales final and please understand that since these are fiberglass parts that some adjustments will need to be made for proper fitment. Let me know if you are interested.

·
Premium Member
2,049 Posts
In 2010 my 2005 SSR was severely damaged by hail on my way to a rally in Colorado Springs. I bought a replacement hood from Eric at MPD. If these hoods are made from the same molds they should fit perfectly. My body shop said the hood fit better than some factory replacements. Just my 2 cents worth.

·
Premium Member
2005 Chevy SSR
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
In 2010 my 2005 SSR was severely damaged by hail on my way to a rally in Colorado Springs. I bought a replacement hood from Eric at MPD. If these hoods are made from the same molds they should fit perfectly. My body shop said the hood fit better than some factory replacements. Just my 2 cents worth.
Yes they are produced from the same molds.

·
BAD BOW TIE
9,747 Posts
Is this the official word that our orders we put in about a month ago for the front fascia/spoiler/splitter are cancelled???

·
Premium Member
2006 Pacific Blue 6 speed Custom
2,919 Posts
Tom, is it the L88 hoods?

·
Premium Member
4,809 Posts
To any one that is interested in these parts. This was on Facebook. His name is Thomas Tucker. It looks like he has a SSR. Don't know if he is on website or not. May save you on shipping.
Screenshot_20200309-193553.png

·
SSR Believer
1,052 Posts
To any one that is interested in these parts. This was on Facebook. His name is Thomas Tucker. It looks like he has a SSR. Don't know if he is on website or not. May save you on shipping.
Wow, that's terrific! What a great guy. Unfortunately (or fortunately) we left FB a few years ago. It would be great if someone could get him to join the forum.

·
Premium Member
2005 Chevy SSR
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Just a reminder if you have ever wanted a MPD hood this is the time especially with the free freight option.

·
Premium Member
2006 Pacific Blue 6 speed Custom
2,919 Posts
Tom, does he have the L88 hood mold?

·
Premium Member
2005 Chevy SSR
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Eric’s wife Melissa is in possession of the molds but they are being stored in Orlando for right now.

·
BAD BOW TIE
9,747 Posts
Eric’s wife Melissa is in possession of the molds but they are being stored in Orlando for right now.
What happened to the guy that said he bought the molds back in February and took our orders? Don't remember his name but he was all fired up about getting this thing going. Is he out and we are back to no body building these parts?

·
Premium Member
2005 Chevy SSR
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The ground effects pieces are sold only the hoods are available.

·
Premium Member
1,090 Posts
As Tom has indicated we have 2 Ram air hoods remaining for sale.....The mpd1 molds currently stored in the orlando area will return to the possesion of Melissa Peters at the end of April......After 3 attempts to have production resume it seems as the future for such production is questionable.....This could be the last opportunity (although I hope not) for purchase of any of ERic's great products.........The pricing and payment process as described above remains approporiate.....first come first served.....hope to hear from 2 deserving fanatics soon.....chuckstr

1 - 20 of 29 Posts