Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are some close ups of the Chevy ssr running boards. If you see some fuzzy area between the boards and the body of the truck, you are seeing the masking tape. That is there until paint. This gives you an exact idea of the shape and fit.
They are ready for order, but will be built to order only. The wait time will then be 4 weeks. Delivery will be starting on all the pre orders next week. :thumbs

·
Enjoying life as it comes
5,201 Posts
Looking good Eric

Unfortunately I'll have to wait for a little while to order. My two dogs got into a fight the other day and required vet services that depleted my play funds. Keep me in mind for a set in the future though.

·
Registered
893 Posts
Running boards......

BEAUTIFUL.......BEAUTIFUL........BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!!! Now just need a set ...day before yesterday........Is'nt the way everybody wants them :lol :lol :lol :lol

·
Registered
178 Posts
How bout some pricing and ordering "how to" information so I can be the first on my block to get them.

Also, are you offering any match color painted items and what shape do they come in?

Coz

count me in :thumbs

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited by Moderator)
The running boards are attached using the same bolts and clips as OE. Different nuts are supplied as well as screws for the door jamb area. We do not paint as they need to be fitted to the truck first. As we do not have a button on the web site to order yet; you can call me (Eric)

[EDIT]phone # removed by Moderator - you can't advertise phone numbers on our site unless you become a supporting Vendor/ Dealer

to order. Most credit cards ( MC, VISA, Discover) no American express. Price is $$$$$ inc. crating. Shipping is Freight collect. Shipping is paid to the carrier at the time of delivery. They accept most credit cards and checks. Ave cost is about $$$$$ to ship to most places within US.

To contact member please use PMs only!

·
Supporting SSR Hobbyist
10,052 Posts
How do the rear fender rock guards come off????? I thought they were glued on and would damage paint on removal.... They overlap the lower valence plastic on my '05. I'd love to get a set of these, but don't want to risk the damage to the front face of the rear fenders....

Mike

·
Registered
347 Posts
mikem-2005 said:
How do the rear fender rock guards come off????? I thought they were glued on and would damage paint on removal.... They overlap the lower valence plastic on my '05. I'd love to get a set of these, but don't want to risk the damage to the front face of the rear fenders....

Mike
Mine was just double taped came right off then clean the tape and glue off. Mine is an 03.

·
180 Posts
Terrific!

eric-mpd said:
Here are some close ups of the Chevy ssr running boards. If you see some fuzzy area between the boards and the body of the truck, you are seeing the masking tape. That is there until paint. This gives you an exact idea of the shape and fit.
They are ready for order, but will be built to order only. The wait time will then be 4 weeks. Delivery will be starting on all the pre orders next week. :thumbs
Wow, those are really awesome! Color matching is a great suggestion...OR if easier, just make them all YELLOW!! The non-Slingshot Yellow SSR owners could change the color if necessary! :lol

·
Registered
347 Posts
eric-mpd said:
The running boards are attached using the same bolts and clips as OE. Different nuts are supplied as well as screws for the door jamb area. We do not paint as they need to be fitted to the truck first. As we do not have a button on the web site to order yet; you can call me (Eric) at 219-548-2673 to order. Most credit cards ( MC, VISA, Discover) no American express. Price is $795.00 inc. crating. Shipping is Freight collect. Shipping is paid to the carrier at the time of delivery. They accept most credit cards and checks. Ave cost is about $100.00 to ship to most places within US.
Do you supply any support in the center to the frame for strength in case someone steps on them?

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ken Thurm said:
Do you supply any support in the center to the frame for strength in case someone steps on them?
No support, they actually angle away from the body so they do not look like a step. your foot would slide right off.

·
Premium Member
3,364 Posts
4 Weeks? Hmmmm

eric-mpd said:

Might want to allow a little bit more than 4 weeks I ordered mine the end of June
(still waiting) :rolleyes:

·
Machell
20,829 Posts
I like this look!!! I think now that you have posted product and price you now become a supporting dealer!!! It seems only fair!

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
rhobbel said:
Might want to allow a little bit more than 4 weeks I ordered mine the end of June
(still waiting) :rolleyes:
Hi Ray, yes this has taken a bunch longer than i thought it would. The prototype part that we turned into a mold plug was way more work than anticipated. However, we will be delivering hood and running boards that were ordered together by the end of next week and yours was the first combo ordered.

·
Registered
321 Posts
MPD Running Boards

Eric:

Can you order these running boards painted to color, then istall? If not, can you order and have painted locally then install? Or, do they have to be painted after installation?

P.S. Any sign of my struts and brackets yet? Just looking in my check book and notice that I sent you a check on 09/04/05 for those items....

·
Premium Member
9,311 Posts
Mikem - 2005

Like Ken indicated - the rockguards are taped on, and will come off reasonably well - takes a fair amount of tugging, letting them come off at their own pace. Removing the glue is actually a greater chore. Use a product like 3M adhesive remover to soften the glue.

The paint on mine was fine, and I think the SSR looks much better without them. I'm picking up a few rock chips that are being touched up as they happen. I figure worst case after a few years is that I'll need to put the rock guards back on to hide rock chips on the fenders.

Ray

·
Registered
230 Posts
Eric , the boards look bitchin', glad to see you got them done, I think they look
better than mine.......................I think I'll put a set of yours on !

·
Machell
20,829 Posts
Bump to top

Looking at these and want to order! But need to know if they are getting out on time! SSR scheduled to paint!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts