Chevy SSR Forum banner

61 - 80 of 80 Posts

·
BAD BOW TIE
9,485 Posts

·
BAD BOW TIE
9,485 Posts
I sent Jesse a conversation and he never responded. I guess I will resend it.
Sent three messages now to Jesse and still no answer if he will make me a front Spoiler/Splitter??? Has anyone besides HUAW gotten an answer that he received their order?

·
Premium Member
1,614 Posts
Sent three messages now to Jesse and still no answer if he will make me a front Spoiler/Splitter??? Has anyone besides HUAW gotten an answer that he received their order?
:rolleyes:
Auggie, Good luck getting an answer. I'm wanting the front spoiler also. But I've decided to wait this deal out.

First of all, we don't know if the whole deal is even going to get off the ground.....(yep, I understand my not replying doesn't help). But we're being told the price will indeed go up. (Understandable), but by how much?? I want to see results before I commit. Can and/or will this new outfit produce the same level of quality or maybe not.
I'm not in that big of hurry over this situation.

Once I can validate some other owners have proceeded and are indeed happy with the resulting product and not too turned off as to the overall pricing............then I will jump in.

For now..................I'm on hold.;)

·
SSR Believer
893 Posts
As I understand it, Jesse is only gauging interest at this point and most of what he talked about concerned the two big-ticket hood options. Like you, @moscooter and some others I'm only interested in spoilers, so that's probably a much lower priority. It sounds like he'd need a breakeven number of interested parties to even consider making anything and even then we'd have to put down a healthy deposit before things could move forward.

So I don't think our PM's constitute anything more than letting them know our interest and although I'm hopeful about the spoilers, it doesn't sound like they're the first thing they'll consider making.

I did receive a reply to the PM I sent Jesse about a day later, but he's running a full-time parts supply business, so this probably isn't the first thing on his "to do" list.

My $.02 :)

·
BAD BOW TIE
9,485 Posts
As I understand it, Jesse is only gauging interest at this point and most of what he talked about concerned the two big-ticket hood options. Like you, @moscooter and some others I'm only interested in spoilers, so that's probably a much lower priority. It sounds like he'd need a breakeven number of interested parties to even consider making anything and even then we'd have to put down a healthy deposit before things could move forward.

So I don't think our PM's constitute anything more than letting them know our interest and although I'm hopeful about the spoilers, it doesn't sound like they're the first thing they'll consider making.

I did receive a reply to the PM I sent Jesse about a day later, but he's running a full-time parts supply business, so this probably isn't the first thing on his "to do" list.

My $.02 :)
You are probably right but based on prior interest and polling the Hoods were very low on the totem pole and seem difficult to make. You would think he would do rear spoilers first as they are most in demand and easier to make, then front chin spoilers as there was a great interest in those and hoods last. But what do I know. He said he was going to make a list of all that contacted him and I was just wanting to know and make sure I was on the list at this time.

·
Premium Member
1,712 Posts
I paid for my hood ahead of time. I can't remember on the other items. I think I did on the rear light buckets, but I think so. I believe that he might have had a front spear on hand. I have had two since a deer took out the first one. He was considering doing a rear "bumper cover" w/o the exhaust holes.

I don't think that it uncommon to have at least percentage up front.

IMO

Dave

·
BAD BOW TIE
9,485 Posts
I paid for my hood ahead of time. I can't remember on the other items. I think I did on the rear light buckets, but I think so. I believe that he might have had a front spear on hand. I have had two since a deer took out the first one. He was considering doing a rear "bumper cover" w/o the exhaust holes.

I don't think that it uncommon to have at least percentage up front.

IMO

Dave
Jesse told SWT RYD no tail light buckets and no tail gates because of Chevy infringement.

·
SSR Believer
893 Posts
You are probably right but based on prior interest and polling the Hoods were very low on the totem pole and seem difficult to make. You would think he would do rear spoilers first as they are most in demand and easier to make, then front chin spoilers as there was a great interest in those and hoods last. But what do I know. He said he was going to make a list of all that contacted him and I was just wanting to know and make sure I was on the list at this time.
Totally agree. (y)

·
BAD BOW TIE
9,485 Posts
Jesse told SWT RYD no tail light buckets and no tail gates because of Chevy infringement.
UPDATE:
Jesse just notified me I am on the list for front Spoiler/splitter. He also said they are going to do the tail light buckets now and possibly the tail gates. Still checking on copy right infringements.

·
BAD BOW TIE
9,485 Posts
At this point you just need to make sure Jesse got your request and you are on the list. Then do what SWT RYD said, and wait!

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
I got a response with in 24 hours. I think like others have said he has to try to see what the interest is and what parts are being asked for. I hope it works out and the parts can be built at a reasonable cost. The front looks better with the spoiler on it.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I would be in for either rear spoiler, Prefer the "Allstate 400" version and maybe the front Chin Spoiler. For sure the rear spoiler!!!

·
Premium Member
2,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #78
I would be in for either rear spoiler, Prefer the "Allstate 400" version and maybe the front Chin Spoiler. For sure the rear spoiler!!!
@Tabloma you need to go to this link and follow Jesse's instructions to pre order with no obligation at this time.
Thanks for the interest!

·
Premium Member
2,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #80
I contacted Jesse and he replied with this message 6 days ago...

"Hey Larry,

Yes. Final acquisition terms happened this morning. There were some unfortunate distractions and delays in the process due to a couple of clowns wasting my time with bogus claims of partnership interests and/or having pending lawsuits against MPD."

Anyhoo target pricing will be going up on the thread within the next day and I will be acquiring the molds and transporting them to PA within 30 days. When my builder sets a production schedule, payments will be requested (I am skipping over deposits as it becomes more hassle than it's worth; first paid, first made 🤑😀)"

I haven't seen any new post recently...
For those of you still interested here is Jesse's link for expressing interest and you can send him a conversation.

61 - 80 of 80 Posts