Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does a K&N actually help the MPG? if so by how much? what else can i do to help out on long trips? the best i have logged was 20.2 mpg and the sticker stated 22 mpg one the highway.

·
I DO WINDOWS
8,825 Posts

Use the cruise as much as possible. Read the stop lights and lift of gas early, let the heavy weight/momentum carry you.

·
Growing Older but Not Up
1,350 Posts
Set you DIC for instant MPG

and notice the difference between 60 mph and 70+ mph. That's where it is on long trips. But my right foot loves that engine :)

·
RetroCarGuy530
1,610 Posts
The EPA sticker in the 2003-2004 SSR (5.3L engine) and the 2005 SSR (6.0L engine) stated only 20 MPG (6-Speed manual) and 19 MPG (4 speed automatic) on the highway. I'm able to get 20.5 on the highway with my 05 SSR (automatic).

What sticker claims 22 MPG on the highway?

·
Registered
3,253 Posts
I generally get around 20 mpg around the Black Hills. I manually calculate the mpg figure as I have found the DIC figure to somewhat optimistic.

·
RetroCarGuy530
1,610 Posts
On my 05 SSR, my DIC MPG is usually about 0.5 to 0.7 MPG too low when I calculate the MPG manually. Interesting. The DIC will report 19.8 MPG and after filling the tank I'll calculate a MPG of 20.5 (and yes that's doing the math correctly)

·
Registered
380 Posts
my '05 auto has been getting a steady 14.2 unless the dic is stuck
Bard
:ssr

·
Registered
84 Posts
When i picked up my new buggy I had 120 miles to home, florida turnpike. I did 60 and got 25.2mpg (reset everything before leaving dealer). I just came back from disney world doing 75-80 (still slowest on the road) and got 19.8mpg. quite a difference

·
Registered
217 Posts
All that I can say it looks good( the cold air charger off road kit with the housing) . Mpg not for me :lol 5.3L 11.4 mpg WOT :thumbs

·
Registered
70 Posts
I have only driven my on one long trip and I averaged 22 MPG on that trip. I am leaving for another trip for Christmas in Arkansas tomorrow. I will check the MPG then. I have noticed about three MPG difference between crusin' around 60 (backroads) and 75 on the interstate....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts